[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Compaq portable mother board up

tford@convexs.UUCP (05/21/87)

/* Written 12:54 am  May 18, 1987 by luis@grinch.UUCP in convexs:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
/* ---------- "Re: Compaq portable mother board up" ---------- */
In article <140@medivax.UUCP> chinson@medivax.UUCP (Chinson Yi) writes:
>I have seen some AD that says it could make the mother
>board of IBM-PC.... Compaq Portables to carry 640K.
>I wonder how easy it is to install it.
>Has anyone tried it, yet ?

Where did you see this in?
What was the name of the company?  The Product?
If you give me an idea of what the product is called, I can check around...
/* End of text from convexs:comp.sys.ibm.pc */

I bought a 640K upgrade for a Compaq portable about a year and a half ago
from Microprocessors Unlimited, 24000 S. Peoria Ave, Beggs, OK 74421,
(918)267-4961.  The kit included 18 256K RAMs plus a decoder PROM.  The price
back then was about $65.  Just ask for the Compaq Portable 640k upgrade.
Has anyone else dealt with this place?

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with this place except being a
satisfied customer.

Tom Ford
Convex Computer Corp.
...!ihnp4!convex!tford