[comp.sys.ibm.pc] BBS Software needed

kleef@cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) (05/22/87)

I run a BBS on plain vanilla IBM-PC klone. Currently I use
BBS-PC Software which I like because:

1) It has multiple^2 levels
2) Has sysop-definable commands/menu's
3) Has threaded read new message option (so at least
you have the slightest idea what replying messages are about
4) Can show users what files have been uploaded since last
login with one command
5) Has interruptable menu's (valid command entry from
user during show of menu immediately activates that function

But I dislike it because there is no easy way to make
a user-selectable schizo-bbs. At the moment I support Atari ST
only, but I want to add a separate Mac-section. Users that
select Mac at the beginning shouldn't be able read ST-msgs
and see ST-files in the download area. It could be done with
BBS-PC, but it is far from user-friendly.

What I'm looking for is a BBS with as many of the above mentioned
advantages and more:

1) EZ split of BBS sections
2) VT-52 style message editing
3) Echo-mail (Fido compatible?) or UUSLAVE

Is there such an animal? Will Citadel, of which I hear favourable
reports, suffide? Where can I optain this 5-legged sheep?

Thanx,

Paul

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (05/23/87)

In article <1024@ark.cs.vu.nl> kleef@cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) writes:

>a user-selectable schizo-bbs. At the moment I support Atari ST
>only, but I want to add a separate Mac-section. Users that
>select Mac at the beginning shouldn't be able read ST-msgs
>and see ST-files in the download area. It could be done with
>BBS-PC, but it is far from user-friendly.
>
>What I'm looking for is a BBS with as many of the above mentioned
>advantages and more:
>
>1) EZ split of BBS sections
>2) VT-52 style message editing
>3) Echo-mail (Fido compatible?) or UUSLAVE
>
>Is there such an animal? Will Citadel, of which I hear favourable
>reports, suffide? Where can I optain this 5-legged sheep?

   The new fido will have selective message/file areas.  This is the
mysterious version 12!   In it's current version is will not have a full
page editor.  Tom Jennings sez: mabey later....
                     Tim

--
        Tim Pozar
UUCP    pozar@hoptoad.UUCP