[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Video Projectors & IBM

fitchk@aplvax.UUCP (Keith W. Fitch) (05/19/87)

	Has anyone had any luck in interfacing a color video projector to
an IBM PC/AT. I've been looking at a SONY 1020Q projection system; however,
some people have informed me that this is too slow for an EGA card.
Therefore, I've been looking at the Sony 1030Q1 system; but have been informed
that I need some hardware adaptors in interfacing.

	The project I've been thrusted on involves interfacing an IBM to
a video projector to rear project graphics and aplphanumerics broadcasted
from the IBM.

	Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
	Keith.

	fitchk@aplpy.ARPA

thornton@kvue.UUCP (05/26/87)

Keith W. Fitch writes:

>	Has anyone had any luck in interfacing a color video projector to
>an IBM PC/AT. I've been looking at a SONY 1020Q projection system; however,
>some people have informed me that this is too slow for an EGA card.
>Therefore, I've been looking at the Sony 1030Q1 system; but have been informed
>that I need some hardware adaptors in interfacing.
>
>	The project I've been thrusted on involves interfacing an IBM to
>a video projector to rear project graphics and alphanumerics broadcasted
>from the IBM.
>
>	Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>	Keith.

The company I work for specializes in the marriage of NTSC video and EGA or
CGA graphics cards as well as a few others.  There are several variations
to choose from including analog RGB output (probably what you need) or
broadcast quality composite output for recording purposes.  The systems
mount inside the host computer and attaches to the graphics card of choice.
It is called the MicroKey System and is meant primarily for providing
graphics/video overlay.

	Ben Thornton, WD5HLS
	Video Associates Labs, Inc.
	(512) 346-5781
{ihnp4,seismo,gatech,harvard,ctvax,nbires,ucbvax}!ut-sally!kvue!thornton