[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Translation from one WP format to another

hbx@psuvm.bitnet.UUCP (05/22/87)

I am looking for a commercial package that will translate documents
in one word processing format to another, preferrably retaining as
much as possible in the way of bold underlining, superscripts, etc.
The WP software that we are most interested in converting are:
Microsoft WORD, Word Perfect, and Wordstar.

-------
Terry Harrison
335 Business Administration Building III
Penn State University
University Park, PA  16802
(814) 863-3357

BITNET: hbx@psuvm
UUCP:   {akgua,allegra,ihnp4,cbosgd}!psuvax1!psuvm.BITNET!hbx
ARPA:   hbx%psuvm.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa

maartenj@ark.UUCP (05/28/87)

In article <14629HBX@PSUVM> HBX@PSUVM.BITNET (Terry Harrison, 336 BAB III, 863-3357) writes:
>I am looking for a commercial package that will translate documents
>in one word processing format to another, preferrably retaining as
>much as possible in the way of bold underlining, superscripts, etc.
>The WP software that we are most interested in converting are:
>Microsoft WORD, Word Perfect, and Wordstar.

My version of Wordperfect (4.1) came with a program called 'convert.exe'
which will convert any of the following formats to an other:

1) WordPerfect
2) Revisable-Form-Text (DCA - IBM Mainframe DISOSS Format)
3) Navy DIF database
4) Wordstar
5) MultiMate
6) 7-bit transfer format
7) Mail Merge
8) WordPerfect second file
9) Spreadsheet DIF

Don't asked me what some of these formats are or how much is converted. I
never used the program.
--

			Maarten Jan  Huisjes.  (maartenj@cs.vu.nl)
			{seismo|decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!maartenj