[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Setting BAT file parms from program

pyle@ut-ngp.UUCP (05/29/87)

I would like to have a program that is executed from a DOS BAT file be able
to set or modify the BAT file parameter values.  In this manner, the program
could prompt for some data and subsequent commands executed in the BAT file
would be able to use the user's repspone (e.g., a path name).  My question:
can this be done, and if so, how?

Keith Pyle

UUCP: . . .{ihnp4,seismo,ctvax,noao,gatech}!ut-sally!ut-ngp!pme r

forags@violet.berkeley.edu (05/30/87)

In article <5292@ut-ngp.UUCP> pyle@ut-ngp.UUCP writes:

>I would like to have a program that is executed from a DOS BAT file be able
>to set or modify the BAT file parameter values.  In this manner, the program
>could prompt for some data and subsequent commands executed in the BAT file
>would be able to use the user's repspone (e.g., a path name).  My question:
>can this be done, and if so, how?

The INFO-IBMPC library has a couple of routines (BATQUES.ASM and INPUT.C
and associated document files BATQUES.DOC and INPUT.DOC) which allow some
interaction with a batch file.  INPUT.C puts the user's response into
an environment variable which can be used by the .bat file.

Al Stangenberger
Forestry
U.C. Berkeley