[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Epson Equity II

pfs@gamma.UUCP (05/29/87)

I own an Epson Equity II. The machine has a V30 processor
and I am thinking of adding an 8087-2 coprocessor. Unfortunately
I have gotten different stories as to whether the 8087-2 will
work with the turbo speed mode for the V30 (7.16Mhz). Anyone
out there have info as to whether the V30 will work the 8087-2?

jkg@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Jim Greenlee) (05/30/87)

In article <391@gamma.UUCP> pfs@gamma.UUCP writes:
>I have gotten different stories as to whether the 8087-2 will
>work with the turbo speed mode for the V30 (7.16Mhz). Anyone
>out there have info as to whether the V30 will work the 8087-2?

I have an AT&T PC6300 with a V30 (8MHz) and an 8087-2 installed. I have
used it mainly with the floating point library on my Modula-2 compiler,
which supports either software or hardware floating point operations. I
have never had any trouble with this combination. Unfortunately, the
spreadsheet I have does not recognize whether an 8087 is installed, so
I have to "do it the hard way" (the main reason, BTW, that I got a V30
in the first place). Although I have access to Turbo Pascal with 8087
support, I've never tried it on my machine.

						Jim Greenlee

--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!