[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Terminate & Stay Resident prog wanted

darrylo@hpsrlc.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (06/02/87)

In comp.sys.ibm.pc, miller@rd1632.Dayton.NCR.COM (Andy Miller) writes:

>Does anyone out there have any Lattice C (ver. 3.2'ish) or Turbo Pascal
>(ver 3.0'ish) code and/or instructions for writing a terminate and stay
>resident program?
>
>		Thanks in advance,
>
>			Andy Miller
>			NCR R. & D.
>----------

     There is a package for Turbo Pascal, called STAYRES (I believe the
latest version is 4.2), which allows one to create a TSR (believe me,
creating one that works RELIABLY is NOT easy).  It's an excellent package,
both for creating TSRs and for seeing how one is written (I think it's a
good example of how, with DOS, one has to get the hoop to jump around the
dog :-).

     While STAYRES is available on BBSs and CompuServe, I don't know if it
has any restrictions on distributing code developed with it.  It is
generally distributed as a ~100K ARC file.  If you're interested, I can try
to send you a uuencoded copy, broken into several chunks (as I've had
problems with sending uuencoded files, I can try, but I can't promise
anything).

     -- Darryl Okahata
        ucbvax!ucbcad!ames!hplabs!hpcea!hpsrla!darrylo		<== best path
	hplabs!hpcea!hpsrla!darrylo				<== alternative
	CompuServe: 75206,3074

Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that
have been following him all day.