[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Color Monitor/TV recommendations ?

dalegass@dalcsug.UUCP (06/01/87)

Could anybody give me, or direct me to, a description of all the standards
used for Digial RGBI, Analog RGB, Composite, VTR, etc, etc, and possibly
methods of conversion between the forms of video signals?

Also, I'm looking for recommendations for color monitors/TVs.  I need something
very cost effective, and preferrable one that would accept composite, RGB,
and RGBI.  Even an inexpensive TV with very high quality picture would do.

Thanx,

dalegass@dalcsug.uucp

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (06/01/87)

In article <95@dalcsug.UUCP>, dalegass@dalcsug.UUCP (Dale Gass) writes:
> Could anybody give me, or direct me to, a description of all the standards
> used for Digial RGBI, Analog RGB, Composite, VTR, etc, etc, and possibly
> methods of conversion between the forms of video signals?
>
> Also, I'm looking for recommendations for color monitors/TVs.  I need something
> very cost effective, and preferrable one that would accept composite, RGB,

You might want to consider the Sony KV1311 CR.  It has a TV tuner with
wireless remote, sleep feature, composite input, IBM type RGB input,
analog RGB input (works with Amiga and Apple IIgs), supports 640x200
noninterlaced, 640x400 interlaced.  It also has a speaker and retails for
around $500, but can be found at discount stores for much less.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax

disclaimer: no connection to Sony.

cmcmanis@pepper.UUCP (06/03/87)

.
.Also, I'm looking for recommendations for color monitors/TVs.  I need something
.very cost effective, and preferrable one that would accept composite, RGB,
.and RGBI.  Even an inexpensive TV with very high quality picture would do.
.
.dalegass@dalcsug.uucp

The Sony KV1311 is an excellent TV/Monitor, it accepts Analog RGB, Composite
Video, Digital RGB (RGBI) and is a 13" color TV with IR Remote besides! It
is limited to a 15Khz horizontal scan rate so it will not work with EGA
or other video interfaces that produce resolutions > 240 lines without
interlacing. And because Sony is closing them out there are some really
good bargains out there. Federated in CA advertises them for $349.

--Chuck McManis