[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VGA Graphics for Current 286/386 ?

chamoun@lownlab.harvard.edu (Nassib Chamoun) (06/01/87)

In looking at the new IBM PS/2 systems, the only thing that really impresses
me is the vector graphics system. Does anyone know whether vector graphics
adaptors/monitors will be available for the current 80286/80386 machines?

Thanks in advance.

NAME:	Nassib G. Chamoun                USPS:   Lown Cardiovascular Laboratory
USENET:	...!harvard!lownlab!chamoun              Harvard School of Public Health
PHONE:	+1 617 732 1307                          665 Huntington Avenue
                                                 Boston, MA 02115-9915

davidsen@steinmetz.UUCP (06/02/87)

In article <2156@husc6.UUCP> chamoun@lownlab.harvard.edu (Nassib Chamoun) writes:
)
) In looking at the new IBM PS/2 systems, the only thing that really impresses
) me is the vector graphics system. Does anyone know whether vector graphics
) adaptors/monitors will be available for the current 80286/80386 machines?

IBM will offer VGA for the entire PS/2 line. The PS/2 model 30 uses an
AT bus. I infer that you will be able to get a VGA from IBM which will
work in your *AT* bus machines.
)
) Thanks in advance.

--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)
  {chinet | philabs | sesimo}!steinmetz!crdos1!davidsen

ward@chinet.UUCP (06/03/87)

> In looking at the new IBM PS/2 systems, the only thing that really
> impresses me is the vector graphics system.  Does anyone know whether
> vector graphics adaptors/monitors will be available for the current
> 80286/80386 machines?
 The "VGA" is available from IBM as "IBM Display Adapter", part number
1887744, $595 list, available 7/87.
  Note, "VGA" means "Video Graphics Array".  Nothing to do with Vectors.