[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Curses for PC

boesch@Shasta.UUCP (06/03/87)

----
Has anyone written a curses package for the PC?

Brian Boesch

	boesch@umunhum.stanford.edu
	boesch@shasta.uucp

BEEBE%SCIENCE@utah-cs.UUCP (06/03/87)

Volume 1 of mod.sources (available at SEISMO for FTP) has
PCURSES, a public-domain version of CURSES; it may be
possible to make it work under MS-DOS.  There are at least 2
commercial (~$125) versions on the IBM PC (see the June 87
issue of Computer Language, p. 144).

-------

qwerty@drutx.ATT.COM (Brian Jones) (06/03/87)

ASPEN SCIENTIFIC sells a curses package for the PC.  I believe the price
is about 85.00.  It is an excellent product.  We have used it here to port
a number of applications from UNIX (tm) environments to the PC.

	APSEN SCIENTIFIC
	PO BOX 72
	Wheat Ridge, CO  80034-0072
	(303) 423-8088

I am in no way affiliated with ASPEN SCIENTIFIC, other than as a satisfied
user of their product.
--

Brian Jones  aka  {ihnp4,}!{drutx,druhi}!qwerty  @  AT&T-IS, Denver

iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (06/04/87)

In article <1713@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU> boesch@Shasta.UUCP (Brian Boesch) writes:
>Has anyone written a curses package for the PC?
>
>Brian Boesch
>
>	boesch@umunhum.stanford.edu
>	boesch@shasta.uucp

Well, I did not write one, but I did port Pavel Curtis's public domain
posting of terminfo curses to the PC.  There were many bugs in the
posting (the n.b. read 'needs work') and it is not ready for distribution
as a 'PC Curses'.

What I have is a curses that is kludged together such that it worked
without problems with the recent rogue53 clone and with the mille bournes
program that came with the curses code.

If you're interested in this code 'as is', in uuencoded pkarc format,
then I will endeaver to send it to you via return e-mail, or a supplied
path.  No guarantees are made as to the reliability of the package,
it still 'needs work'. :-)

- Tim Iverson
  iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU
  ucbvax!cory!iverson

djfiander@watmath.UUCP (06/05/87)

In article <12307614189.24.BEEBE@SCIENCE.UTAH.EDU>
Beebe@SCIENCE (Nelson H.F. Beebe) writes:
>Volume 1 of mod.sources (available at SEISMO for FTP) has
>PCURSES, a public-domain version of CURSES; it may be
>possible to make it work under MS-DOS.

Is there some way to get the PD-curses besides FTP.  We're not an
ARPA-net site.

--
"Are you police officers?"
	"No ma'am, we're musicians."

UUCP  : {allegra,ihnp4,decvax,utzoo,clyde}!watmath!djfiander
CSNET : djfiander%watmath@waterloo.CSNET