[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Blanking the screen

paul@aucs.UUCP (06/05/87)

Is there any way to blank the screen that will work with both monachrome
and CGA adapters?  I know Superkey seems to do it, but I haven't found
an INT 10 call that will do it, nor any brute force method short of saving
the entire screen in memory and filling it will nulls.  Please reply to
me directly and I'll post results.

Paul H. Steele      UUCP:      {seismo|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!Paul
Acadia University   BITNET:    {Paul|phs}@Acadia
Wolfville, NS       Internet:  {Paul|phs}%Acadia.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
CANADA  B0P 1X0     PHONEnet:  (902) 542-2201x587

yingda@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ying-Da Lee) (06/05/87)

In article <366@aucs.UUCP> paul@aucs.UUCP (Paul Steele) writes:
>...but I haven't found
>an INT 10 call that will do it....
Perhaps you didn't read the description carefully enough.  With
either scroll-up or scroll-down (AH=6 or 7), you can blank the screen
entirely if you set AL=0. So
	MOV AX,0600H      (or 0700H)
	INT 10H
should do it.