[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC Connection - Recommended!

dmt@mtunb.UUCP (06/05/87)

I have seen favorable things said on the net about the mail-order
discount house "PC Connection", so this is not new information
but an affirmation of what's been said here before.  I've been
tracking recommendations (positive and negative), and decided that my
next purchase would be from PC Connections.  Having done it once
now, I'm sure there will be many more.

Summarizing why I'm a satisfied customer, they were:

   -	Businesslike.  No, not brusque or uncaring, but behaving like
	a serious business.  The woman who took my order knew what to
	ask for, told me what I wanted to know (in stock, price) without
	my asking, and got it all right.  And she didn't waste my time
	or hers.

   -	Fast.  I placed a phone order Tuesday noon, and received it
	UPS (including our Receiving department delays) Thursday
	afternoon.  That's just two days.  I'm a couple of states away,
	and didn't request any special handling.

   -	Economical.  They had the lowest advertised price I saw for
	the product I purchased.  They charged $2 for shipping (no
	hokey "extra for handling").  And the order was placed on their
	800 number.

Wouldn't this be a more pleasant world if every business behaved like
PC Connection.

REFERENCE -  See PC Week or PC Magazine for their ads.  Phone number is
		1-800 - 243-8088

|    Dave Tutelman						|
|    Physical - AT&T  -  Lincroft, NJ				|
|    Logical -  ...ihnp4!mtuxo!mtunb!dmt			|
|    Audible -  (201) 576 2442					|

pavlov@hscfvax.UUCP (06/15/87)

In article <958@mtunb.ATT.COM>, dmt@mtunb.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) writes:

> I have seen favorable things said on the net about the mail-order
> discount house "PC Connection", so this is not new information
> but an affirmation of what's been said here before.  I've been
> tracking recommendations (positive and negative), and decided that my
> next purchase would be from PC Connections.  Having done it once
> now, I'm sure there will be many more.
>
> Summarizing why I'm a satisfied customer, they were:

 - I second everything that Dave said.  I will also add that they resolve prob-
 lems quickly and effectively.  It is too bad that they do not sell complete
 systems ....

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny

psc@lzaz.UUCP (06/15/87)

In article <426@hscfvax.UUCP), pavlov@hscfvax.UUCP (840033@G.Pavlov) writes:
) In article <958@mtunb.ATT.COM), dmt@mtunb.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) writes:
) )
) ) I have seen favorable things said on the net about the mail-order
) ) discount house "PC Connection", so this is not new information
) ) but an affirmation of what's been said here before. . . .
)  - I second everything that Dave said.  I will also add that they
)  resolve problems quickly and effectively.

Ditto.  Well, I can't say they resolve problems quickly, because I've
never had any.  I had a fairly big order ($700), including a printer.
They told me the printer cable I wanted (6') was out of stock, but a
longer (9') one was only two dollars more.  I ordered on Friday; they
said UPS would be at my house (in NJ) on Tuesday.  Right again!  They
forgot to send me my free flashlight, but shipped it the next day.  I'd
bought Generic CADD 2.0; just after I hung up, I saw an ad for 3.0.  I
might have been able to ask PC-C for the later copy; instead, I
upgraded when they delivered it.  If you've ever worried about getting
full support, even though you bought mail order, my experience is that
it's no problem.

>   It is too bad that they do not sell complete systems ....
Well, they sell Toshiba laptops.  They used to list PC Designs'
systems in their ads; maybe they sell them, but don't advertise them?

Their prices are close to the best around ($60 for Turbo C!), and I've
yet to hear a horror story about them.  Recommended.

rod@cpocd2.UUCP (Rod Rebello) (06/17/87)

In article <100@lzaz.ATT.COM> psc@lzaz.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) writes:
>Their prices are close to the best around ($60 for Turbo C!), and I've
>yet to hear a horror story about them.  Recommended.

AZ Computer Center in Phoenix, AZ has Turbo C for $55!  They advertise
in the PC mags, although I went in personally to get it.