[comp.sys.ibm.pc] NANSI.SYS Re: Anyone have code fragment for CGA snow elimination?

tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) (06/25/87)

In article <957@rtech.UUCP>, brent@rtech.UUCP (Brent Williams) writes:

> I have been looking for a way to eliminate "snow" from a CGA adapter
> during text display.
I have happily been using nansi.sys (Public Domain) for this
purpose for over 14 months.

A side issue:
source, binaries, documentation, etc. to the moderator for
comp.sources.misc. (allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon Allbery)).
As is my policy, I posted here the fact that it was submitted,
in an attempt to prevent the multiple postings that plague
the network.  The result is that Brandon got requests *not*
to distribute the code.  I do not blame him for putting an
"indefinite hold" on distribution.

I am glad that I passed up the opportunity to be a moderator.

P.S. no, I will not send out copies to everyone, that is
grossly inefficient of my time and net resources.

feg@clyde.ATT.COM (Forrest Gehrke) (06/26/87)

In article <2263@whuts.UUCP>, tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) writes:
> In article <957@rtech.UUCP>, brent@rtech.UUCP (Brent Williams) writes:
> >
> > I have been looking for a way to eliminate "snow" from a CGA adapter
> > during text display.
> I have happily been using nansi.sys (Public Domain) for this
> purpose for over 14 months.

I, too, have been using nansi.sys for over a year and despite
fansi's claims to the contrary, find it faster than fansi and
with less blinking.
Have there been any enhancements to nansi.sys since it was
distributed on the net last year?

Forrest Gehrke

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon Allbery) (06/27/87)

As quoted from <2263@whuts.UUCP> by tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL):
+---------------
| source, binaries, documentation, etc. to the moderator for
| comp.sources.misc. (allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon Allbery)).
| As is my policy, I posted here the fact that it was submitted,
| in an attempt to prevent the multiple postings that plague
| the network.  The result is that Brandon got requests *not*
| to distribute the code.  I do not blame him for putting an
| "indefinite hold" on distribution.
|
| I am glad that I passed up the opportunity to be a moderator.
+---------------

It'll be going out shortly.

(1) I think most of the complainers expected a uuencoded arc file or
uuencoded binary; it's not.  (There ARE uuencoded portions of it; I will
re-shar it and place the uuencodes in .binaries. to keep the loudmouthers
in sources-land from screaming.)

(2) Even if it were, there is now a dedicated newsgroup for them
(comp.binaries.ibm.pc) so nobody can bitch about it.

++Brandon
--
     ---- Moderator for comp.sources.misc and comp.binaries.ibm.pc ----
Brandon S. Allbery	<BACKBONE>!cbosgd!ncoast!allbery