[comp.sys.ibm.pc] US Robotics Internal 2400 Modem

yao-chun@puff.WISC.EDU (Yao-chung Lee) (06/26/87)

I read the PC Mag that US Robotics 2400 modem is only selling
for $179.00 from mail order houses.

Query : It claims to be Hayes compatible, is it true ?

	How reliable is it ?

	What is the difference between this and the Courier ?

	Has anyone ran into any problems with it ?

Thanks in Advance !

Yao Chung Lee
University of Wisconsin, Madison

ARPA: yao-chun@puff.wisc.edu
UUCP: ...!{harvard,ihnp4,seismo,topaz}!uwvax!puff!yao-chun
ICBM: 70 82 51 N    88 23 12 W

u366609662ea@ucdavis.UUCP (u366609662ea) (06/26/87)

> I read the PC Mag that US Robotics 2400 modem is only selling
> for $179.00 from mail order houses.
>
> Query : It claims to be Hayes compatible, is it true ?
>
> 	How reliable is it ?
>
> 	What is the difference between this and the Courier ?
>
> 	Has anyone ran into any problems with it ?

Yes, I believe it's the USR Microlink. The internal version of the courier.

johnlee@pnet01.CTS.COM (John Wiley) (06/27/87)

I'm using mine right now.  Had it for 6 months - no problems.  I'm using it
with Procomm 2.3, on an XT clone.  It may be slightly above average in noise
sensitivity, but hey- $180!  Go for it.   **John

UUCP: {akgua, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!johnlee
ARPA: crash!pnet01!johnlee@nosc.mil
INET: johnlee@pnet01.CTS.COM

jk@sayshell.umd.edu (Joe Kaisler) (06/28/87)

  The US Robotics Internal 2400 Baud is basically the same modem
  that is in the Courier.   I have both.   The Internal in my AT
  and the Courier on my Amiga.   Both work fine and dandy.   The
  instruction sets are HAYES compatible and work as expected.

  As soon as I get my other AT, I plan on buying the Internal
  2400 for it too.   The price is fantastic for the Internal.
  I have not seen a very good 2400 for less that 190 anywhere.

jsm@vax1.UUCP (Jon Meltzer) (07/01/87)

In article <1759@umd5.umd.edu> jk@sayshell.umd.edu.UUCP (Joe Kaisler) writes:

>  The US Robotics Internal 2400 Baud is basically the same modem
>  that is in the Courier.
>
>  As soon as I get my other AT, I plan on buying the Internal
>  2400 for it too.   The price is fantastic for the Internal.
>  I have not seen a very good 2400 for less that 190 anywhere.

Can someone tell me where this marvelous deal is advertised?

cliff@rlgvax.UUCP (Cliff Joslyn) (07/01/87)

Would someone please tell me where I can get me hands on one?

| Cliff Joslyn, Computer Consoles Inc., Reston, Virgnia, but my opinions.
| UUCP: ..!seismo!rlgvax!cliff
V All the world is biscuit shaped