[comp.sys.ibm.pc] binary kermit transfer Re: PK ARC version 3.5 Help

tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) (07/02/87)

In article <3394@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU>, todd@net1.ucsd.edu (Todd Goodman) writes:
> In article <217@tness1.UUCP> mechgam@tness1.UUCP (6958) writes:
> >I just got a copy of the PK ARC program from comp.binaries.ibm.pc.  I
> >transfered this to my
> >PC using kermit, but I have not been able to make it run.  It just locks
> >up my PC.  I am running DOS 3.1.   Any suggestions or info?
> >Gary
>
> I had the same problem transfering the uudecoded program to my pc.  What I did
> (and it worked) was to transfer the program before uudecoding them and then
> uudecoding them on the pc with the pascal files also on comp.binaries.ibm.pc.
> What I think the problem is that kermit should be transfering the uudecoded
> program in binary mode.
> Anyone know How?
> 				Todd Goodman
> 				todd@net1.ucsd.edu
> 				...!sdcsvax!todd@net1
At least on my kermit server....add -i in the command line,
otherwise, check around for documentation for your kermit.

P.S.  Misusing text-mode kermit to transfer binary was how I
munged up the original posting of PKARC.* and ARC.*, the
new version was done "right" and looked good when I downloaded
it from *.binaries.ibm.pc. (cross your fingers, close your eyes,
and trust me).
.
.
.
.
.
.
. inserted to keep new inews happy
.
.

--
                         Terry Sterkel
        {clyde|harvard|cbosgd|allegra|ulysses|ihnp4}!whuts!tes