[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MSDOS termcaps -- Help?!?

bobmon@iucs.UUCP (Che' Flamingo) (06/26/87)

I sure hope someone out there can help me.  I have three C programs I want to
compile with my new Turbo C compiler -- PC Hack, PC Larn, and microEmacs3.8i.
All three seem to expect a termcap.lib.  The PCHack and Larn packages both
include source code for a "Fred Fish termcap" (or maybe it's "termlib"), but
I can't puzzle out the included Makefiles to see how I should create the
library file.  (For one thing the Makefile appears to make termlib, and then
use termcap. ??)  microEmacs apparently just expects a termcap.lib to exist,
possible as part of MSC4.0.

I have no access to MSC, and I'm fairly new to C, so won't some kind soul
please offer simple (1-syllable :-) help?? Thanx --
	...Bob Montante...

rod@cpocd2.UUCP (Rod Rebello) (06/29/87)

In article <4582@iucs.UUCP> bobmon@iucs.UUCP (Che' Flamingo) writes:
>I sure hope someone out there can help me.  I have three C programs I want to
>compile with my new Turbo C compiler -- PC Hack, PC Larn, and microEmacs3.8i.
>All three seem to expect a termcap.lib.  The PCHack and Larn packages both
>use termcap. ??)  microEmacs apparently just expects a termcap.lib to exist,
>possible as part of MSC4.0.

I don't know about hack or larn, but uEMACS 3.8i has a configuration
include file (I forget the exact name - estruct.h?) where you can
set a flag telling it that you are using a PC, and not to use termcap.
There are also many other useful flags you might want to play with.

BTW - I compiled it under Turbo C with no problems.  You will also
have to change the name of the memcopy call from MSC's name to Turbo
C's equivalant call.

	Rod Rebello
	...!intelca!mipos3!cpocd2!rod

michael@orcisi.UUCP (Michael Herman) (07/03/87)

> use termcap. ??)  microEmacs apparently just expects a termcap.lib to exist,
> possible as part of MSC4.0.

There is no termlib or termlib functions in MSC 4.0 (to the best of my
knowledge).   ...although most any C implementation should comiple and
run under 4.0.