[comp.sys.ibm.pc] TURBO/C Bug???

res@ptsfa.UUCP (Bob Stockwell) (06/29/87)

I thought I discovered a bug in Turbo/C, but now I don't know.
I kept waiting for someone to mention it, but no one did.
I have a Tandem 6540 (PC Clone) which apparently is not quite
as compatible as I would hope.  The Turbo/C bug does not raise its
head on my PC/XT at work.

I tried compiling the MCALC demo program, using the Integrated environment.
The compiler could not find STDARG.H.  STDARG.H is the only nested Include,
so I assume that is the problem.  I am able to compile if I bring the file
MCALC.H into the editor before I compile.

The TURBOC Compiler and Help file are in C:\TURBOC.
The Include files are in C:\TURBOC\INCLUDE.
The Libraries are in C:\TURBOC\LIB.
The C pgms are in C:\C which is also my default directory.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Bob Stockwell
ptsfa!res

myxm@beta.UUCP (06/29/87)

In article <3118@ptsfa.UUCP>, res@ptsfa.UUCP (Bob Stockwell) writes:
> I tried compiling the MCALC demo program, using the Integrated environment.
> The compiler could not find STDARG.H.  STDARG.H is the only nested Include,
> so I assume that is the problem.  I am able to compile if I bring the file
> MCALC.H into the editor before I compile.

I have also seen this problem, but it does not seem to appear quite regularly.
I have compiled other items with no problem.

Mike Mitchell
myxm@lanl.arpa

bill@westpt.UUCP (06/30/87)

In article <3118@ptsfa.UUCP>, res@ptsfa.UUCP (Bob Stockwell) writes:
>                                           using the Integrated environment.
> The compiler could not find STDARG.H.  STDARG.H is the only nested Include,
> so I assume that is the problem.  I am able to compile if I bring the file
> MCALC.H into the editor before I compile.

I found the same problem trying to compile MicroEmacs from it's source
directory.  Basicly my environment is set up the same way.  The only
difference is I solved it by loading STDIO.H into the editor and then
hit F9 and it worked fine.

Any suggestions??

bill gunshannon

UUCP:      {philabs,phri}!westpt!bill        PHONE:     (914)446-7747
US SNAIL:  Martin Marietta Data Systems      RADIO:     KB3YV
           USMA, Bldg 600, Room 26           AX.25      KB3YV @ WA2RKN
           West Point, NY  10996

ashok@softart.UUCP (07/02/87)

> In article <3118@ptsfa.UUCP>, res@ptsfa.UUCP (Bob Stockwell) writes:
> >                                           using the Integrated environment.
> > The compiler could not find STDARG.H.  STDARG.H is the only nested Include,
> > so I assume that is the problem.  I am able to compile if I bring the file
> > MCALC.H into the editor before I compile.
> >

> I found the same problem trying to compile MicroEmacs from it's source
> directory.  Basicly my environment is set up the same way.  The only
> difference is I solved it by loading STDIO.H into the editor and then
> hit F9 and it worked fine.
>
> Any suggestions??

It souds like you have too many files open at one time.  The limit is set by
the "FILES=" line in your config.sys file.  This would appear as if the nested
.h file is not found if it couldn't open it.  See if you have a "FILES=20" line
in your config.sys file.  Loading the file into the editor just reduced the
number of simultaneous file open by one.  This may be why it worked.

> bill gunshannon

------------------------
Ashok C. Patel
Softart Microsystems Inc

hunt@tut.UUCP (07/08/87)

In article <25@softart.UUCP> ashok@softart.UUCP writes:
>> > The compiler could not find STDARG.H.  STDARG.H is the only nested Include
>> Any suggestions??
>
>It souds like you have too many files open at one time.  The limit is set by
>the "FILES=" line in your config.sys file.  This would appear as if the nested

BINGO, I had the same confusion from MicroSoft C, same machines, same
autoexecs, same file setup, would compile on one and not on other.
The compiler fails when it tries to open it and says can't find.
Another example of poor error messages.