[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Recommendations wanted on AT motherboard

dalegass@dalcsug.UUCP (07/09/87)

Does anyone have any experience or familiarity with AT-compatible motherboards?
I'm looking to upgrade my XT to an AT, hopefully at a minimal cost.  I'd
prefer something available in Canada, but I'd be happy to hear any
recommendations...

thanks
dalegass@dalcsug.uucp

farber@udel.EDU (Dave Farber) (07/09/87)

In article <110@dalcsug.UUCP> dalegass@dalcsug.UUCP (Dale Gass) writes:
>Does anyone have any experience or familiarity with AT-compatible motherboards?
>I'm looking to upgrade my XT to an AT, hopefully at a minimal cost.  I'd
>prefer something available in Canada, but I'd be happy to hear any
>recommendations...
>
>thanks
>dalegass@dalcsug.uucp

I would suggest that you look at the University Discounts available
from Intel for the purchase of the Intel386AT motherboard. Intel offers
50% off to Universites (that ends up in the NEIGHBORHOOD of $1300.)
Dave Farber

Office:

University of Delaware
Department of Electrical Engineering
Newark, De 19716

Home:

RD 1, Box 279
Landenberg, Pa 19350

Arpa:farber@rochester.arpa
uucp: ..!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!farber
uucp (home system): ..{ihnp4!cfg,rochester,sco}!pcpond!farber
Compuserve: 76010,104                    Telex: 6501066405
MciMail: dfarber                         Source: bbk190
Telephones: Office(UD): 302-451-1163     Home: 215-274-8292