[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Curses clone in Turbo C?

robertl@killer.UUCP (Robert Lord) (07/10/87)

I have just recently bought Borlands Turbo C, and I am now attempting to
convert a Unix script that relies heavily on Curses over to Turbo C.  Does
anyone know of a curses-like library for the PC?  Also, is an X-Windows
type source availible for Turbo?

             Thanks,
                 Robert Lord
                    ihnp4!killer!robertl

dbercel@sun.uucp (Danielle Bercel, MIS Systems Programming) (07/12/87)

In article <1117@killer.UUCP> robertl@killer.UUCP (Robert Lord) writes:
>I have just recently bought Borlands Turbo C, and I am now attempting to
>convert a Unix script that relies heavily on Curses over to Turbo C.  Does
>anyone know of a curses-like library for the PC?  Also, is an X-Windows
>type source availible for Turbo?
>
>             Thanks,
>                 Robert Lord
>                    ihnp4!killer!robertl

I've seen Curses in the upload area of a BBS out here. The BBS
is East Bay Technical, the number is (415) 791-0674. I don't
have any idea if it is really what it purports to be.

danielle

--
UUCP:  {hplabs,decvax,}!sun!toto!{danielle,dbercel}
/-------------------------------------\
| Toto, I don't think this is Kansas. | -- Danielle Bercel
\-------------------------------------/    Sun Microsystems, Inc.

unicorn@pnet01.CTS.COM (Rich Herzog) (07/13/87)

Also check out the latest issue of Dr.Dobbs.

bill@westpt.usma.edu (Bill Gunshannon) (07/15/87)

In article <1383@crash.CTS.COM>, unicorn@pnet01.CTS.COM (Rich Herzog) writes:
> Also check out the latest issue of Dr.Dobbs.

I did.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  There appears to be some
problem with vb_scroll(), although the parameters passed and what is
done with them appears to be correct, it doesn't have the desired
affect.  I tried both my Turbo-C and my Lattice-C compilers and can't
get it to work.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bill gunshannon

UUCP:      {philabs,phri}!westpt!bill        PHONE:     (914)446-7747
US SNAIL:  Martin Marietta Data Systems      RADIO:     KB3YV
           USMA, Bldg 600, Room 26           AX.25      KB3YV @ WA2RKN
           West Point, NY  10996