[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Crosstalk XVI

hoctor@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (07/15/87)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip

Is there any way that I can send commands to the modem (Hayes "AT"
command set) using Crosstalk XVI without using the DPREFIX, DSUFFIX or
APREFIX commands.  More specificaly, I want to explicitly tell the
modem to hang up ("ATH0").  Would it be possible to get this attached
to the "BYE" command so that it would hang up the phone when it was
issued.
                                                  Thanx,
                                                   Mike Bruno

timothym@tekigm2.TEK.COM (Timothy D Margeson) (07/17/87)

Regarding Crosstalk XVI,

The only way I was able to get the modem to hang up was by using the hardware
handshake lines provided for this purpose. DTR DSR etc.

Another way to close the connection is to use the modem's escape sequence, then
issue the ATH0 command. This could be done by programming a function key to do
all the work.

An example is how I would do the disconnect with my Volksmodem 1200.

^F10: ~+++~ATH0|

That is, Ctrl-F10 echos < 2 sec. pause, +++, 2 sec. pause, ATH0, CR >.
(I'm not sure if the 2 second pause really works in this case).

Good luck....

--
Tim Margeson (206)253-5240
PO Box 3500  d/s C1-937                          @@   'Who said that?'

kuo@skatter.UUCP (Dr. Peter Kuo) (07/18/87)

In article <7700017@osiris>, hoctor@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> Is there any way that I can send commands to the modem (Hayes "AT"
> command set) using Crosstalk XVI without using the DPREFIX, DSUFFIX or
> APREFIX commands.  More specificaly, I want to explicitly tell the
> modem to hang up ("ATH0").

You can use the LOCAL mode to do that. I have ran into a situtation once
that the number I need to "auto-dial" was too long (because of security
codes to get a trunk line).

>                            Would it be possible to get this attached
> to the "BYE" command so that it would hang up the phone when it was
> issued.

Don't think you can do that easily. Maybe via a SCRIPT file? I'm not sure
and don't have the manual handy.

... Peter/
Peter Kuo                   | Bitnet (VMS)  : KUO@SASK
Accelerator Laboratory      |
(a.k.a. The Beam Warehouse) | uucp   (Unix) : !alberta\
Univ. of Saskatchewan       |                 !ihnp4  -- !sask!skatter!kuo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan     |                 !utcsri /
CANADA  S7N 0W0             |
(Earth)                     | Ma Bell       : (306) 966-6059

Disclaimer: I don't know what I am saying, so don't quote me on
	    anything! And I only speak for myself.