[comp.sys.ibm.pc] unix arc that UnSquashes

ddl@husc6.UUCP (Dan Lanciani) (07/16/87)

	I have posted a version of arc that can deal with squashed
archives to alt.sources.  This a quick hack with minimal testing; a
better version will follow as I have time.

					Dan Lanciani
					ddl@harvard.*

tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) (07/16/87)

ALT.SOURCES???????????????????

where?
--
                         Terry Sterkel
        {clyde|harvard|cbosgd|allegra|ulysses|ihnp4}!whuts!tes

sce@mitre-bedford.ARPA (Steven C. Ellis) (07/17/87)

This may be a dumb question, but I'm new to the net.

Where IS alt.sources, I don't seem to be able to get it?
		-Steve

--------------------
Steven C. Ellis sce@mitre-bedford.arpa

holtz@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Fred Holtz) (07/17/87)

I picked up the second half of the UNIX arc which handles squashed files a
few days ago from alt.sources,  but the first part never showed up here.
Could someone please mail me a copy of the first part?

Thanx in advance...

Fred Holtz
holtz@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU

regoli@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) (07/19/87)

In article <2419@whuts.UUCP> tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) writes:

>ALT.SOURCES???????????????????
>
>where?
>--
>                         Terry Sterkel
>        {clyde|harvard|cbosgd|allegra|ulysses|ihnp4}!whuts!tes
>              [opinions are obviously only my own]

it arrived here in comp.sources.misc.  unfortunately, the second
file was truncated somewhere along the line and we didn't get a
complete copy.

are we the only ones who were short-changed?!  :-)

--
			    michael regoli
		   indiana university, bloomington

tfra@ur-tut.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (07/20/87)

In <282@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, Michael Regoli writes:
> It (arc that UnSquashes) arrived here in comp.sources.misc.
> unfortunately, the second file was truncated somewhere along the line and
> we didn't get a complete copy.

Both files were truncated when they got to our site.

Is there another path that I might be able to reach the moderator of
comp.sources.misc/comp.binaries.ibm.pc?  I have sent him several messages
and they always seem to be returned.  Must be some limit on the number of
pathnames in a path, I guess :-).
--

  Tom Frauenhofer			...!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!tfra
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

holtz@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Fred Holtz) (07/20/87)

In article <2554@ur-tut.UUCP> tfra@tut.cc.rochester.edu.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) writes:
>In <282@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, Michael Regoli writes:
>> It (arc that UnSquashes) arrived here in comp.sources.misc.
>> unfortunately, the second file was truncated somewhere along the line and
>> we didn't get a complete copy.
>
>Both files were truncated when they got to our site.

I have what I believe is a good copy of the second file obtained from
alt.sources.  The first part never appeared on alt.sources here and
the versions posted to this group were both truncated.  If someone has
a good copy of the first part,  I would greatly appreciate seeing it!
(The second part is about 2700 lines,  the first part is >>390)
I will be willing to mail the second part to the first few requests,
and to anyone with part one!

Fred Holtz
holtz@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU