[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Jon Glazer's Claims

perkins@bnrmtv.UUCP (Henry Perkins) (07/21/87)

In article <483@osupyr.UUCP>, glazer@osupyr.UUCP (Jon Glazer) writes:
> >In article <461@osupyr.UUCP>, glazer@osupyr.UUCP (Jon Glazer) writes:
> >> as a favor to a friend.  Second, I know QUITE a bit about IBM-PCs from
> >> first hand programming experience (8 years).

> Although I said I have been programming for 8 years, I did not say in any means
> that I had programmed the IBM PC for that long.  I can't remember when I
> started playing with these things but it was some years ago.
> And I DO NOT EXAGERATE (at least not clearly :-)

You don't write clearly.  That's clear.

Your sentence is unambiguous.  You claimed to have programmed IBM PCs
for 8 years.  That is false, because IBM PCs haven't existed 8 years.

You are again wrong in saying that you "did not say in any means"
rather than "did not mean to say".  You did not MEAN to make that
claim, but you did.

Again, Jon, I make no statements about your "New PC Retail Store",
but I issue cautions to the net because YOU DO NOT SAY WHAT YOU
MEAN, and therefore your words cannot be trusted.  It DOESN'T
MATTER if you are an honorable, knowledgeable person if you cannot
communicate effectively, and you can't.  I suggest you find some
person who CAN write effectively to compose your advertising copy.
--
{hplabs,amdahl,3comvax}!bnrmtv!perkins        --Henry Perkins

It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
One in a million, perhaps.

jru@etn-rad.UUCP (John Unekis) (07/22/87)

In article <2233@bnrmtv.UUCP> perkins@bnrmtv.UUCP (Henry Perkins) writes:
>In article <483@osupyr.UUCP>, glazer@osupyr.UUCP (Jon Glazer) writes:
>
>> Although I said I have been programming for 8 years, I did not say in any means
>> that I had programmed the IBM PC for that long.  I can't remember when I
>> started playing with these things but it was some years ago.
>> And I DO NOT EXAGERATE (at least not clearly :-)
>
>    ..................(ad nauseum)

>Again, Jon, I make no statements about your "New PC Retail Store",
>but I issue cautions to the net because YOU DO NOT SAY WHAT YOU
>MEAN, and therefore your words cannot be trusted.  It DOESN'T
>MATTER if you are an honorable, knowledgeable person if you cannot
>communicate effectively, and you can't.  I suggest you find some
>person who CAN write effectively to compose your advertising copy.
>--
>{hplabs,amdahl,3comvax}!bnrmtv!perkins        --Henry Perkins

         Well Mr. Perkins , I don`t know who died and left you as King,
	 but I get pretty tired of seeing personal vendettas conducted
	 on the net. If your life has so little meaning that you must
	 enrich it by venting your spleen on poor Jon(whoever he is), then
	 at least have the courtesy to do it in private via mail.