[comp.sys.ibm.pc] please post uudecode and pkarc

pzl@hjuxa.UUCP (Mr. Rem) (07/10/87)

Would someone out there be willing to post
uudecode and pkarc source.
I would like to download sources from usenet,
but need the programs to unencode and unsquash
them, If posting is not advised, Please mail.
|Mr. Rem.
|{anywhere}!{clyde,houxm,decvax,ihnp4}!hjuxa!pzl

smith@ui3.UUCP (07/22/87)

  I would also like the uudecode source.  I think there might be enough
demand for this to make it an automatic once a month posting.  (???)

                                     __
                                    |  |  Opinions expressed are not those
-----------------------------       |  |  of my employer. Sometimes they are
William Smith                       |  |  my own, but often they are
Microelectronics Research Center    \  |  spontaneous emissions of my
University of Idaho                 /   \ fingertips.
Moscow, ID  83843                   |    \
(208)885-7273                       |     \
                                    |      ---|
UUCP:  ucdavis!egg-id!ui3!smith     |         |
----------------------------        |         |
                                    |----------

msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) (07/22/87)

In article <680005@ui3.UUCP> smith@ui3.UUCP writes:

>   I would also like the uudecode source.  I think there might be enough
> demand for this to make it an automatic once a month posting.  (???)

Put in a vote from me to make uudecode (and uuencode) a monthly
posting.
Smitty
--
Mark Smith (alias Smitty) "Be careful when looking into the distance,
61 Tenafly Road            that you do not miss what is right under your nose."

cliff@rlgvax.UUCP (Cliff Joslyn) (07/23/87)

In article <680005@ui3.UUCP>, smith@ui3.UUCP writes:

>   I would also like the uudecode source.  I think there might be enough
> demand for this to make it an automatic once a month posting.  (???)

Yes, please, I've been waiting to see both of these now for weeks.

O----------------------------------------------------------------------->
| Cliff Joslyn, Computer Consoles Inc., Reston, Virgnia, but my opinions.
| UUCP: ..!seismo!rlgvax!cliff
V All the world is biscuit shaped
--

jvc@mirror.UUCP (07/24/87)

Cliff joslyn writes:
>Yes, please, I've been waiting to see both of these now for weeks.

Early versions of Pkarc were written mostly in MASM and a portable C
version of Pkarc has not been released yet, therefore would not do you
any good unless you have a PC/MS-DOS machine.  However, the method used
for squashing has been posted somewhere (here I think).
If you need to unsquash on a PC/MS-DOS machine the download
the binaries from comp.binaries.ibm.pc (it's posted there monthly).
If you need to unsquash on an non PC/MS-DOS machine, download the
modified ARC sources from comp.sources.misc (the sources have been
modified to unsquash PKARC archives) [comp.sources.misc or comp.sources.unix
is were you're likely to find a Unix version of PKARC when it's released].

As for uuencode/uudecode, it wouldn't hurt for automatic monthly
posting but not here (comp.sys.ibm.pc).  It should be (and probably is)
posted to one of the comp.sources.* groups.

jvc@mirror.tmc.com

jl@fornax.uucp (JL) (07/24/87)

> In article <680005@ui3.UUCP> smith@ui3.UUCP writes:
>
> >   I would also like the uudecode source.  I think there might be enough
> > demand for this to make it an automatic once a month posting.  (???)

Put in a vote from me too, please.
--
Jay-El

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon Allbery) (07/27/87)

As quoted from <680005@ui3.UUCP> by smith@ui3.UUCP:
+---------------
|   I would also like the uudecode source.  I think there might be enough
| demand for this to make it an automatic once a month posting.  (???)
+---------------

I will repost both UN*X/C and Turbo Pascal versions with the next Info
note.

*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

I'm bowing out as comp.binaries.ibm.pc moderator.  I'm not exactly sure how
one goes about selecting another moderator, but as of September 1 I will stop
being the moderator.  If nobody has picked up the reins by that time, I will
make the group unmoderated so it can still be used.

I'm doing this because neither I nor ncoast can support the load.  Ncoast
is swamped!!! and I can't quite juggle my life plus comp.sources.misc (which
requires fast turnaround) and still get .binaries. handled.  Chances are that
the group will run smoother with someone else at the helm.

If it remains unmoderated, I _will_ arrange for cron to send out PKARC and
uudecode once a month.
--
 Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc and comp.binaries.ibm.pc
  {{harvard,mit-eddie}!necntc,well!hoptoad,sun!cwruecmp!hal}!ncoast!allbery