[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Genealogy Program Wanted

dbercel@toto.uucp (Danielle Bercel, MIS Systems Programming) (07/30/87)

My father is looking for a Genealogy program for the
IBM PC. He has a number of PD programs but was wondering
if anyone could recommend some professional programs.

Thanks - Danielle

neuhaus@hplabsb.UUCP (Peter Neuhaus) (07/30/87)

The Mormons sell one for $35. Their organization is called "The Geneology
Club of Utah". Just call info for Salt Lake City. Have them send you a catalog
that lists all their geneology forms and pamphlets. They are real cheap and
sometimes free.

Peter

hammond@cod.UUCP (John A. Hammond) (07/31/87)

In article <16441@toto.uucp>, dbercel@toto.uucp (Danielle Bercel, MIS Systems Programming) writes:
> My father is looking for a Genealogy program for the
> IBM PC. He has a number of PD programs but was wondering
> if anyone could recommend some professional programs.

I have not exhaustively researched the field but I ordered the
LDS Personal Ancestry File (PAF) software from the Mormon
Church; disketts and documentation for $37 incl tax.

Because it is LDS oriented it has some fields that are for
church purposes but most of them can be ignored and generic
forms can be used for the listings.  Call your local LDS for
info on ordering.  I have had a lot of fun building my PAF
from bits and scraps of paper that badly needed organizing.

alang@masscomp.UUCP (08/03/87)

The best genealogy program available is Personal Ancestral File, written
by the Mormon Church. And at $35, it's a bargain.

The order number is PBGS1019 and the address from which to order is:

		The Church of the Latter Day Saints
		Salt Lake City Distribution Center
		1999 West 1700 South
		Salt Lake City, UT 84104