[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ARLL Hard Disk Controller

tslu@oliveb.UUCP (Shang Lu) (08/03/87)

  I am looking into changing a regular hard disk controller to
A(dvanced) RLL hard disk controller, any recommendations on
the manufacturers, ... ?

michael@ddsw1.UUCP (Michael Duebner) (08/05/87)

In article <2470@oliveb.UUCP> tslu@oliveb.UUCP (Shang Lu) writes:

>  I am looking into changing a regular hard disk controller to
>A(dvanced) RLL hard disk controller, any recommendations on
>the manufacturers, ... ?

Having seen many controllers, some of which did the job, but most of them
were not that well off.

Buy the Western Digital controller with auto config roms and you are set.

No, I do not own stock in WD or am otherwise associated with them except as
a satisfied customer.

sh: /usr/bin/spell: cannot open
--

Michael Duebner				UUCP : ...ihnp4!ddsw1!michael
           (Help is only a phone call away for members of AERA)