[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 'LESS' for MSDOS ? -- or some other file browser

martyl@rocksvax.UUCP (Marty Leisner) (08/05/87)

In article <1021@mtunb.ATT.COM> dmt@mtunb.UUCP (Dave Tutelman) writes:
>In article <310@petro.UUCP> cmanis@petro.UUCP writes:
>>
>>.
>>Does someone out there have 'LESS' working on MSDOS, or is someone
>>working on it for DOS ? ?   If so, please send me a note.
>>
>After I tried "LIST" (shareware by Vernon D. Buerg) I threw away
>my MSDOS LESS.  LIST does everything LESS does, and (1) doesn't
>have nearly as many bugs, (2) gives MUCH faster response, (3) uses
>the cursor keys to navigate the file.

Does anyone have a good file browser with source and executables which runs
on ANSI or VT100?  I use my PC through a RS232 port to a windowed workstation
(a Xerox 6085).   All these PC programs which use the Bios and direct
hardware is a royal pain!!

I have less with source code converted to use the Rom bios.  I started
to port it to use ansi escape sequences, but had various problems (in
addition, it was ported with MSC and I use Aztec).

Right now I'm using a PC-Sig program called browse, which buffers the
entire file into ram.  But it has a lot of limitations.

marty leisner
xerox coporation
leisner.henr@xerox.com
martyl@rocksvax .uucp

rmgtkro@cs.vu.nl (Rob ten Kroode) (08/06/87)

I wonder what this is all about. I thought this was a newsgroup for
MINIX. Please don't discuss all your dos-problems in this newsgroup !!!

Rob ten Kroode (rmgtkro@cs.vu.nl).