[comp.sys.ibm.pc] AT&T Vista boards

milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) (08/03/87)

In the last "computer graphics world" they mentioned that AT&T had put
out a new video display card called "Vista" for IBM-PC/AT...etc machines.
The card is supposed to be a new design with many more features than the
"Targa" cards.

Has anyone got any information on the Vista cards?  I haven't seen any
ads yet.

Greg Corson
19141 Summers Drive
South Bend, IN 46637
(219) 277-5306 (before 6pm central)

{pur-ee,seismo}!iuvax!ndmath!milo

pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) (08/04/87)

In article <268@ndmath.UUCP> milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
>The card is supposed to be a new design with many more features than the
>"Targa" cards.
>
>Has anyone got any information on the Vista cards?  I haven't seen any
>ads yet.

Sure, here's some quotes from the spec sheet (real boards expected in a month
or two, from what I hear):

	o $5995 list price, one PC/AT slot, self configures to 8/16 bit bus
	o bus clock 6 to 12 MHz supported
	o 34010 graphics processor with 4 MB of dual-ported CMOS video RAM
	o video crosspoint
	o binary (1x, 2x, 4x,...16x) and clock (.5,.75,1,1.25,1.5,...32x) zoom
	o Multiple resolutions, up to 1Kx1Kx32 bit, 2Kx1Kx16 bit, 2Kx2Kx8 bit
	o 4 8-bit real-time capture channels
	o same board NTSC and PAL compatible
	o programmable pixel clock (up to 28.6 MHz)
	o independent smooth H and V panning
	o look up tables for both input and output
	o separately programmable capture and display resolutions
	o selectable interlaced/noninterlaced display
	o full genlock
	o can add separate board with extra processor RAM, up to 12MB
	o comes with DGIS*34010 software (written by GSS)

Is that enough info? I'll be playing with one of these things as soon as they
are available.

Pete

--
  OOO   __| ___      Peter Holzmann, Octopus Enterprises
 OOOOOOO___/ _______ USPS: 19611 La Mar Court, Cupertino, CA 95014

ehughes@violet.berkeley.edu (08/05/87)

The following information is copied from a cover letter dated May 12, 1987
for some sales literature from AT&T concerning Truevision.

Truevision VISTA (TM) Videographic Board.
Capture board and frame buffer with Texas Instruments 34010 Graphics System
processor.  Displayable Resolution:  up to 1512 x 486 pixels (NTSC), up to
1476 x 576 pixels (PAL).  Addressable Resolution:  1024 x 1024 pixels with
16,777,216 colors.

suggested retail price: $5995.00
Available July 1987

Call 800-858-TRUE or write
AT&T
Electronic Photography and Imaging Center
7351 Shadeland Station, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46256

That's all I know about it.  Looks impressive to me.  The accompanying sales
literature made no mention of it.

Eric Hughes
ucbvax!violet!ehughes

matt@inuxf.UUCP (Matt Verner) (08/06/87)

> The following information is copied from a cover letter dated May 12, 1987
> for some sales literature from AT&T concerning Truevision.
>
> Truevision VISTA (TM) Videographic Board.
> Capture board and frame buffer with Texas Instruments 34010 Graphics System
> processor.  Displayable Resolution:  up to 1512 x 486 pixels (NTSC), up to
> 1476 x 576 pixels (PAL).  Addressable Resolution:  1024 x 1024 pixels with
> 16,777,216 colors.
>
> suggested retail price: $5995.00
> Available July 1987
>
> Call 800-858-TRUE or write
> AT&T
> Electronic Photography and Imaging Center
> 7351 Shadeland Station, Suite 100
> Indianapolis, IN 46256

Since the VISTA (TM) is software configurable it actually supports
many other resolutions besides those above.  Those are just the 'standards'
that are supported.  A good programmer should be able to make this board
jump through hoops.  Other possible resolutions are: 2048 x 2048 at 8-bits,
1024 x 800 at 32-bits (24bits color and 8bits of overlay).  The board
can be either memory mapped or LUT based.  The captured RGB signals can be
routed through input LUT's before going into the memory map.

There are other features besides but you get the idea...  A pretty incredible
board to plop into your AT.

---------
The above is not to be construed to be official AT&T information.  It is
just me talking off the top of my head...

 Matt Verner   				UUCP:  ...ihnp4!inuxc!matt
 AT&T Graphics Software Labs		AT&T:  (317) 844-4364
 Indianapolis,  IN

           "The whole point of this sentence is to clearly
             explain the point this sentence is making."