[comp.sys.ibm.pc] EDT for PCs

jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) (08/06/87)

There is a company called Boston Business Computing Limited that
sells PC-EDT, a fully compatible (command, keyboard) EDT from VAX/VMS
for the IBM PC and PC/AT. The last time I saw it it was at revision
level 2, and from what I have heard it is now at level 4. Even at 2
it was excellent. I know it was fully command compatible with the VMS
version because I used EDT on VMS at the same time as PC-EDT on PCs
and ATs. It determines the current machinetype and adjusts itself to
that keyboard, so those of you who remember (or your fingers do) the
vt100 keypad can keep hitting those keys in exactly the same
locations! It seels for $250 a copy as of a year ago, I don't know
what it is now. Sorry I don't have contact information for Boston
Business Computing. This program is worth the money.

Jay Libove
Arpa:   jl42@andrew.cmu.edu	Bitnet: jl42@drycas.bitnet
UUCP:   ...!{seismo, ucbvax, harvard}!andrew.cmu.edu!jl42
UUCP:   ...!{pitt | bellcore} !darth!libove!libove

Disclaimer: I don't tell my employers what I think...

cgf@ednor.UUCP (08/07/87)

In article <cV6Bfry00Uhyygc1rw@andrew.cmu.edu: jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:
:There is a company called Boston Business Computing Limited that
:sells PC-EDT, a fully compatible (command, keyboard) EDT from VAX/VMS
:for the IBM PC and PC/AT...
:...I know it was fully command compatible with the VMS
:version because I used EDT on VMS at the same time as PC-EDT on PCs
:and ATs. It determines the current machinetype and adjusts itself to
:that keyboard, so those of you who remember (or your fingers do) the
:vt100 keypad can keep hitting those keys in exactly the same
:locations! It seels for $250 a copy as of a year ago, I don't know
:what it is now. Sorry I don't have contact information for Boston
:Business Computing. This program is worth the money.

Thanks for the kind words.  PC/EDT is now at revision 3.13.  3.15 is
due out shortly (don't ask about 3.14).  The price is the same.  Our
address is:

		Boston Business Computing
		360 Merrimack Street
		Lawrence, MA 01843
		(617) 683-7920

--
			-Chris Faylor-
		       uunet!ednor!cgf

jimb@tekigm2.TEK.COM (Jim Boland) (08/07/87)

In article <cV6Bfry00Uhyygc1rw@andrew.cmu.edu> jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:
 >There is a company called Boston Business Computing Limited that
 >sells PC-EDT, a fully compatible (command, keyboard) EDT from VAX/VMS
 >for the IBM PC and PC/AT.
 >Sorry I don't have contact information for Boston Business Computing.
 >This program is worth the money.
Boston Business Computing, Ltd.
Riverwalk Center
360 Merrimack Street