[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Violence in computer games

hundt@wind.bellcore.com (tom hundt) (07/23/87)

Sure, violence is always a big hit.  Just look at the motion picture
industry -- "if you want a big seller, you gotta have an 'R' rating".
We joke about it when we look through the cable TV guide --
"Explicit language, violence, nudity -- yeah, sounds good".
Perhaps people like to watch things that are out-of-the-ordinary,
and thus exciting...

 /=^=\  Thomas M. Hundt / BELLCORE Morristown NJ / hundt@bellcore.bellcore.com
 |   |  {seismo|ihnp4|ucbvzx|decvax|ulysses|allegra|clyde|princeton}...
/--_--\                                                      ...!bellcore!hundt

billp@unimuc.UUCP (Bill Potter) (07/28/87)

Thomas M. Hundt writes:
> Sure, violence is always a big hit.  Just look at the motion picture
> industry -- "if you want a big seller, you gotta have an 'R' rating".
> We joke about it when we look through the cable TV guide --
> "Explicit language, violence, nudity -- yeah, sounds good".
> Perhaps people like to watch things that are out-of-the-ordinary,
> and thus exciting...

Perhaps someone could arrange, for Thomas's pleasure of course, that a
cruise missile lands on Morristown NJ. We have a number surplus
to requirement here in West Germany.

'NUFF SAID

bill potter
mit freundlichen Gruessen

bill potter @ unisoft gmbh
arabellastr. 30
D-8000 Muenchen 81 (Munich to you non-German speakers)
Bundesrepublik Deutschland (West Germany, see above)
+49-(0)89-9269080

uucp:	mcvax!unido!unimuc!billp

madsen@vijit.UUCP (Dave Madsen) (08/08/87)

In article <1602@bellcore.bellcore.com>, hundt@wind.bellcore.com (tom hundt) writes:
> Sure, violence is always a big hit.  Just look at the motion picture
> industry -- "if you want a big seller, you gotta have an 'R' rating".
> We joke about it when we look through the cable TV guide --
> "Explicit language, violence, nudity -- yeah, sounds good".
> Perhaps people like to watch things that are out-of-the-ordinary,
> and thus exciting...
>
>  /=^=\  Thomas M. Hundt / BELLCORE Morristown NJ / hundt@bellcore.bellcore.com
>  |   |  {seismo|ihnp4|ucbvzx|decvax|ulysses|allegra|clyde|princeton}...
> /--_--\                                                      ...!bellcore!hundt

Hmmmm.... Sounds all too ordinary to me!