[comp.sys.ibm.pc] IBM's involvement

dbercel@toto.uucp (Danielle Bercel, MIS Systems Programming) (08/10/87)

In article <1903@umn-cs.UUCP> haque@umn-cs.UUCP (Samudra E. Haque) writes:
>What I am about to propose is something similiar to what SUN
>microsystems has informally set up on the USENET. (I believe there is a
>Daniel Bercel from SUN who is an avid fan in this group? She might be able

^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
             | I am certainly an avid fan of this group but the last time
               I looked I was Danielle, not Daniel.

>to correlate for me). If you have any comments,gripes about SUN products you
>can mail to sun.UUCP and they would forward it internally to whoever was
>responsible. They even welcome their own engineers to look out for possible
>customer enquiries.. (example being fischer@umn-cs's request for info about
>PC-NFS being carried on to the author of the Program itself, who works for
>SUN).... This is the sort of communication that I would like to see.....

Sun does indeed have a large involvement with the USENET community. I
am unaware, however, of any official policy regarding incoming USENET
inquiries. Certainly, most of us here participate in various news
groups and should something appear we usually respond. I'm not sure
if this is just an informal action by us or not.

There are a number of newsgroups that I get locally that all
related to Sun. I've never bothered to check if these groups are
distributed to sites other than Sun locations.

I, for one, would welcome seeing IBM here.

danielle

--
UUCP: {hplabs,decvax,}!sun!toto!{danielle,dbercel}
COM:  dbercel%toto@sun