[comp.sys.ibm.pc] LIST was: 'LESS' for MSDOS ?

tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) (08/04/87)

In article <1021@mtunb.ATT.COM>, dmt@mtunb.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) writes:
.In article <310@petro.UUCP.cmanis@petro.UUCP writes:
.>
.>.
.>Does someone out there have 'LESS' working on MSDOS, or is someone
.>working on it for DOS ? ?   If so, please send me a note.
.>
.After I tried "LIST" (shareware by Vernon D. Buerg) I threw away
.my MSDOS LESS.  LIST does everything LESS does, and (1) doesn't
.have nearly as many bugs, (2) gives MUCH faster response, (3) uses
.the cursor keys to navigate the file.
.
.I have version 5.91 (1986).  I remember a dangerously buggy version
.circa 1984, but the recent LIST is great.
.

Most current version is 6.0j, available at your favorite BBS near
you.  List is what type, cat, more, pr, and less should have been.

.Disclaimer - I have no connection with the authors of either LESS or LIST.
--
                         Terry Sterkel
        {clyde|harvard|cbosgd|allegra|ulysses|ihnp4}!whuts!tes

swh@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (08/05/87)

Re: Using LIST instead of LESS

The most recent version of Vernon D. Buerg's LIST program is
6.2a dated 5/07/87

---------------------
Steve Harrold			...hplabs!hpsmtc1!swh
				HPG200/13
				(408) 447-5580
---------------------

ben@catnip.UUCP (Bennett Broder) (08/06/87)

In article <2548@whuts.UUCP> tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) writes:

>Most current version is 6.0j, available at your favorite BBS near
>you.  List is what type, cat, more, pr, and less should have been.

I'll add my kudos for 'list', but the most recent version is 6.2a.
You can get it from the "Software Society" bbs in Sparta, N.J.
'list' author Vernon Buerg is an active participant on this board,
so you can always get the latest versions of his programs there.

--

Ben Broder
{ihnp4,decvax} !hjuxa!catnip!ben

ralf@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Ralf Brown) (08/06/87)

In article <2548@whuts.UUCP> tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) writes:
>In article <1021@mtunb.ATT.COM>, dmt@mtunb.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) writes:
>.I have version 5.91 (1986).  I remember a dangerously buggy version
>.circa 1984, but the recent LIST is great.
>.
>Most current version is 6.0j, available at your favorite BBS near
>you.  List is what type, cat, more, pr, and less should have been.
>                         Terry Sterkel
Actually, LIST is up to at least 6.2a, as that is what I am using (two months
old by now).  I do have to agree, it's a great utility, and it's still less
than 8K (8191 bytes).

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= {harvard,seismo,ucbvax}!b.gp.cs.cmu.edu!ralf =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ARPAnet: RALF@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU            BITnet: RALF%B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU@CMUCCVMA

tr@wind.bellcore.com (tom reingold) (08/06/87)

Terry Sterkel mentions that the latest version he knows of for LIST is
6.0j.  I have version 6.2a.  Would you folks like me to post it to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc or somewhere else?

Tom Reingold
INTERNET:       tr@bellcore.bellcore.com
UUCP: 		{seismo,ihnp4,ucbvax,decvax}!bellcore!tr
		{ulysses,allegra,clyde,princeton}!bellcore!tr

blacher@irs1.UUCP (Robert Blacher) (08/08/87)

In fact, the current version of Vern Buerg's wonderful LIST program
is 6.2a, dated May 7, 1987.  There have been some excellent changes.
Call your local MS-DOS BBS for a copy (and send Vern the $15 he
requests if you continue to use the program -- it'll be the best
$15 you ever spent on software).

And, the normal disclaimer ... I have no financial connection to
LIST, Vern Buerg, etc., etc.

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (Atul Kacker) (08/10/87)

Before you post v6.2a or whatever, prehaps we could find out what the
latest version is supposed to be. Vernon Beurg, are you there ? What is
the latest stable version of LIST ?

--
-----------------------
Atul Kacker

nerd@percival.UUCP (Michael Galassi) (08/11/87)

In article <246@irs1.UUCP> blacher@irs1.UUCP (Robert Blacher) writes:
>In fact, the current version of Vern Buerg's wonderful LIST program
... blah, blah, blah ...
>Call your local MS-DOS BBS ...
                 ^^^^^^^^^^

At least you know what operating system you are talking about, now,
PLEASE, get this stuff off of the Minix newsgroup.  There have been
several postings about this program, none of them have had any
relevance to the minix world.  If you know how to use an editor
try removing any non-pertinent groups from the "Newsgroups:" line.
Thank you,
	-michael
--
If my employer knew my opinions he would probably look for another engineer.

	Michael Galassi, Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR
		tektronix!reed!percival!nerd

zemon@felix.UUCP (Art Zemon) (08/11/87)

PLEASE -- PLEASE -- PLEASE

stop sending this stuff to comp.os.minix!

We aren't running MS-DOS and don't care about MS-DOS
versions of utilities.  Particularly those distributed as
DOS binaries.  Now if you want to discuss tools available in
source code which can be ported to Minix....
--
	-- Art Zemon
	   FileNet Corporation