[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PS/2 QUERY

parris@mit-caf.UUCP (Patrice Parris) (08/14/87)

Hello PS/2 gurus,
		 A friend of mine is considering buying a PS/2. He is a
lawyer and is probably going to use it for database storage and manipulation.
I know zilch about the PS/2 and was hoping to hear useful arguments on its
price, performance, OS status etc.  He is more interested in the Series 50
and 60.
                          Thanks.

Patrice Parris
parris@caf.mit.edu

It's better to burn out than to fade away - The Kurgan in "Highlander"

tankus@hsi.UUCP (08/14/87)

In article <425@mit-caf.UUCP>, parris@mit-caf.UUCP (Patrice Parris) writes:
> Hello PS/2 gurus,
> 		 A friend of mine is considering buying a PS/2.
				.
				.
> Patrice Parris
> parris@caf.mit.edu
> It's better to burn out than to fade away - The Kurgan in "Highlander"

Probably the best pace to start would be to pick up the latest issue of
PC Tech Journal. Most of the issue is devoted to disecting all the PS/2's,
including the model 80.

All the guts are spread across the pages in living and breathing color.

Cheers!

-- Ed.

Net  :  uunet!hsi!tankus
Snail:  Health Systems Int'l, 100 Broadway, New Haven, CT 06511
Bell :  (203) 562-2101