[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Incredible prices from Compusystems - Is this real? NO!!

psc@lznv.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (08/20/87)

< "I'd like you to know, it's not easy for me to lie."  -Oliver North >

In article <416@parcvax.Xerox.COM>, burton@parcvax.Xerox.COM (Philip M. Burton) writes:
> The latest issue of ONLINE TODAY has an ad on p. 33 for
> Compusystems, of Beverly Hills, CA.  These prices seem sooo good that
> it seems that it could be a ripoff, especially since their policy
> requires pre-paid orders with 4 to 6 week delivery time.

Yeah, I saw that in the August 11 issue of INFOWORLD.  The front page
of the August 17 issue had a story on Compusystems; they were a
"bust-out", an organization with an answering service to take their
calls, no inventory at all, and a serious intent to rip off everyone
who trusted them.  If it makes you feel any better, INFOWORLD got
ripped off, too.  (Compusystems gave them phone numbers for banks and
credit references.  INFOWORLD called them, and they checked out.  But
guess who answered the calls?-)

-Paul S. R. Chisholm, UUCP {ihnp4,cbosgd,allegra,vax135,mtune}!lznv!psc
AT&T Mail !psrchisholm, Internet psc@lznv.att.com
I'm not speaking for my employer, I'm just speaking my mind.