[comp.sys.ibm.pc] "inline code with Turbo Pascal"

darrylo@hpsrlc.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (08/21/87)

In comp.sys.ibm.pc, azk@ece-csc.UUCP (Anwer Kotob) writes:

> Hi:
> I am looking for an easy way to produce inline code for TP from
> assembly listings (without using MS MASM).
>
> I think there was a mention of this in an issue of PC Magazine
> but could not find it.
>

> Thanks in advance.
> Anwer.
> ----------

     There is a program called INLINE which accepts "assembly language" and
turns it into a Turbo Pascal inline procedure.  I say "assembly language"
because it accepts only a very simple form of the 80x8x assembly language.
There is minimal support for declaring storage, equates (I'm not sure that
it has equates, but I can't imagine how it can exist without it), etc..
It's available from BBSes and places like CompuServe (in the Borland
Languages SIG).  If you are unable to get it from one of these places, send
Email, and I'll see what I can do.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	{hplabs!hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpsrla!darrylo
	CompuServe: 75206,3074

Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that
have been following him all day.

cuddy@convex.UUCP (08/23/87)

> I am looking for an easy way to produce inline code for TP from
> assembly listings (without using MS MASM).

	There is a public domain program called INLINER  available
from PC-SIG public domain library (about $6.00 for the disk from
them.)  To find out what disk it's on, go to your friendly
neighborhood (sp?) book store and look in thier catalog... (THE PC-SIG
BOOK or something like that...)

Hope It helps...

Mike Cuddy
inhp4!convex!cuddy