[comp.sys.ibm.pc] UUCP software for a p.c.?

reynolds_l@apollo.uucp (Lee Reynolds) (08/14/87)

Hi!
    Can anyone out there tell me what programs exist to enable you
to turn your pc into a device capable of functioning as a UUCP
dial up node?

   For that matter, what else is necessary if you want to turn
said device into a local community UUCP access device?

                            Lee

                            Reynolds_L@Apollo

                            (617)256-6600 x6903

postmaster@milehi (Oscar Barlow) (08/16/87)

Yes.  UUCP software exists for a P.C.  I'm running on an IBM PC with a
couple of hard drives and read your message on my BBS.  The software will be
available in a few weeks.
--- TBBS v2.0
 * Origin: Mile Hi Tech  (303-973-9338)  (104/56)
SEEN-BY: 104/0 56 560

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
FidoNet : 104/56  Mile Hi Tech (303-973-9338)

dave@westmark.UUCP (Dave Levenson) (08/16/87)

In article <36aa0305.448d@apollo.uucp>, reynolds_l@apollo.UUCP writes:
>     Can anyone out there tell me what programs exist to enable you
> to turn your pc into a device capable of functioning as a UUCP
> dial up node?

The package you want is UULINK.
For information, contact:
	Lauren Weinstein
	Vortex Technology
	PO Box 1323
	Topanga, CA  90290-1323

This package includes uucp, news, and mail.

Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.
{clyde | rutgers | mtune | ihnp4}!westmark!dave

news@turnkey.UUCP (News Administrator) (08/17/87)

In article <36aa0305.448d@apollo.uucp>, reynolds_l@apollo.uucp (Lee Reynolds) writes:
> Hi!
>     Can anyone out there tell me what programs exist to enable you
> to turn your pc into a device capable of functioning as a UUCP
> dial up node?

There is a Public Domain program available at our site which may at least
give you a start toward what you are looking for. It is called Uclone.arc.
It will need some work to get it truely functional, however, for at the moment
it has only worked here as a dialout program. I am fairly confident that the
dialin (slave) mode just has some minor bugs that a little work should turn
up. We are not using it, and I have not had time to look into the problem.
You can obtain it either by logging into our XBBS system and looking in the
msdos file directory, or request it uucp, the nuucp login is unpassworded.
the file is in the $PUBDIR. The site number is (714) 662-7450. Leave me mail
if there are further questions I can answer.

---
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA
UUCP: ...seismo!uunet!ccicpg!turnkey!news

farber@udel.EDU (Dave Farber) (08/17/87)

As a long timer user of Weinsteins UULINK, I can recommend
it strongly. I use it under DOS on a 386, with a Toshiba
1100+ on the road and many visiting systems (using of course
ONLY one copy). It is my main route to mail.

Dave

Dave Farber

Office:

University of Delaware
Department of Electrical Engineering
Newark, De 19716

NSFNet/CSNET/ArpaNet:farber@udel.edu
Compuserve: 76010,104                    Telex: 6501066405
MciMail: dfarber                         Fax: 1-818-440-1742
Telephones: Office(UD): 302-451-1163     Home: 215-274-8292

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (Atul Kacker) (08/18/87)

In article <129@westmark.UUCP> dave@westmark.UUCP (Dave Levenson) writes:
>In article <36aa0305.448d@apollo.uucp>, reynolds_l@apollo.UUCP writes:
>>     Can anyone out there tell me what programs exist to enable you
>> to turn your pc into a device capable of functioning as a UUCP
>> dial up node?
>
>The package you want is UULINK.
>For information, contact:
>	Lauren Weinstein
>	Vortex Technology
>	PO Box 1323
>	Topanga, CA  90290-1323

Yet another package to do this is called UUPC and the sources have been
posted to comp.sources.misc. I just saw them today so they might show up
at your site in a couple of days or so. The package claims to work on
an IBM PC, an ATARI, a Macintosh etc. Check it out before you shell out
mucho dinero for anything else.

kadie@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu (08/19/87)

/* Written  6:15 pm  Aug 17, 1987 by akk2@ur-tut.UUCP in uiucdcsb:comp.sys.ibm.pc */

Yet another package to do this is called UUPC and the sources have been
posted to comp.sources.misc. I just saw them today so they might show up
at your site in a couple of days or so. The package claims to work on
an IBM PC, an ATARI, a Macintosh etc. Check it out before you shell out
mucho dinero for anything else.

/* End of text from uiucdcsb:comp.sys.ibm.pc */

Can someone compile this package and put it in comp.binaries.ibm ?

Carl Kadie
UUCP: {ihnp4,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!kadie
CSNET: kadie@UIUC.CSNET
ARPA: kadie@M.CS.UIUC.EDU (kadie@UIUC.ARPA)

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (08/27/87)

In article <36aa0305.448d@apollo.uucp>, reynolds_l@apollo.uucp (Lee Reynolds) writes:
> Hi!
>     Can anyone out there tell me what programs exist to enable you
> to turn your pc into a device capable of functioning as a UUCP
> dial up node?

   Uuslave (aka uugnu?) written by John Gilmore, Tim Pozar,
and Garry Paxinos is the most complete clone of uucico.  It
supports variable window size for the "G" protocal, and is fully
supports master and slave modes.  It has been ported over to
MS-DOS, and it is the "core" programme for the Unix <=> Fido
gateway.  At this point John is cementing a new version
together.  You should see a new posting of it pretty soon.

--
        Tim Pozar
UUCP    pozar@hoptoad.UUCP