[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Software for Backingup

peter@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Peter J Diaz de Leon) (08/28/87)

Does any one know of any programs similar to FASTBACK in the public domain
or commercial that I can use to backup hard drives.  I remember a
similar subject a couple of months ago.  Any help would be appreciated.
I will sum up to the net if there is enough interest.

				Thanks
				Peter

ARPA: dpeter@csd4.milw.wisc.edu      USMAIL: Peter J. Diaz de Leon
      peter@uwm-cs.milw.wisc.edu             7411 W. Warnimont Ave.
					     Milwaukee, WI. 53220

UUCP: ihnp4!uwmcsd1!uwm-evax!peter   ICBM:   43 4 58 N / 87 55 52 W

burton@parcvax.Xerox.COM (Philip M. Burton) (08/28/87)

In article <2745@uwmcsd1.UUCP> peter@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Peter J Diaz de Leon) writes:
>Does any one know of any programs similar to FASTBACK in the public domain
>or commercial that I can use to backup hard drives.  I remember a
>similar subject a couple of months ago.  Any help would be appreciated.

I use Norm Patriquin's PCOPY, which is up to version 5.1.  I find that for my
varied file copying operations, it's great.  Different combinations allow me to

copy all files or only files with the ARC bit on, to reset or not the ARC bit,
to copy or move files, to preserve subdirectory structures, to merge,
to update, to work only on the current source directory or all included
subdirectories, etc.  There's more.

It's so good that I actually sent in the $45 shareware registration.

It's available on most BBS's and well worth the effort to get it and learn it.

--
Philip Burton
Xerox Corporation    408 737 4635

phil@sci.UUCP (09/01/87)

I recently got a copy of
PC- FULLBACK. It is about $55 and seems to do everything
that you could want.