[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Windowing Packages for the IBM PC

igielski@mmm.UUCP (Tom Igielski) (09/04/87)

I am looking for a public domain windowing package, interfaceable to
Microsoft C.  Functionality needs to be fairly simple, i.e. put up a window,
display some choices, and allow the user to select a menu item, chaining to
a routine, returning to main menu, etc......

Any information would be appreciated.

Tom Igielski
3M Company

dietmar@pbinfo.UUCP (Dietmar Grueter) (09/07/87)

In article <1424@mmm.UUCP> igielski@mmm.UUCP (Tom Igielski) writes:
>I am looking for a public domain windowing package, interfaceable to
>Microsoft C.  Functionality needs to be fairly simple, i.e. put up a window,
>display some choices, and allow the user to select a menu item, chaining to
>a routine, returning to main menu, etc......
>
>Any information would be appreciated.
>

>Tom Igielski
>3M Company

I am looking for a window package too. Please email me any informations about
that.

UUCP:  ...!seismo!unido!pbinfo!dietmar    |  Dietmar Grueter
       or dietmar@pbinfo.UUCP             |  Universitaet-GH Paderborn, FB 17
CSNET: dietmar%pbinfo.uucp@Germany.CSNET  |  Warburger Str. 100
ARPA:  dietmar%pbinfo.uucp@seismo.css.gov |  D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany

seamans@nlm-mcs.arpa (James R. Seamans) (09/10/87)

In article <1424@mmm.UUCP> igielski@mmm.UUCP (Tom Igielski) writes:
>I am looking for a public domain windowing package, interfaceable to
>Microsoft C.  Functionality needs to be fairly simple, i.e. put up a window,
>display some choices, and allow the user to select a menu item, chaining to
>a routine, returning to main menu, etc......
>Any information would be appreciated.
>Tom Igielski
>3M Company

Tom:  I believe you would be interested in the package from
      WindowSoft (714) 581 4511 written by Glen Boyd, cost $49.
      This price includes source code.

      This package is very extensive and is available in Microsoft
      Lattice and TurboC.  The windows are very fast and if you have
      the memory, you can open 255 windows of varying size.

If you have access to simtel20.arpa there is a demo.exe of this package
in directory pd:<msdos.c>C4WINDOW.ARC.1

I have no connection with this company other than being very happy with
the product.

	Jim Seamans