[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Graphics Routines for C

pingguo@mhuxt.UUCP (Randall R. Pratt) (09/09/87)

Does anybody have any C sources for doing graphics things on an ibm clone?
I have been unable to figure out where and how to poke things onto the
screen, etc.  Actually, my question even goes deeper than C sources.
What memory locations do I need to poke to (for instance) make a certain
pixel light up?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
			Randy Pratt, AT&T Bell Laboratories
			..!{allegra,ihnp4}!mhuxt!pingguo

		["Oh, just a passing thought."]

hoff@hp-sdd.HP.COM (Tom Hoff) (09/10/87)

In article <1951@mhuxt.UUCP> pingguo@mhuxt.UUCP (52211-PRATT) writes:
>Does anybody have any C sources for doing graphics things on an ibm clone?
>I have been unable to figure out where and how to poke things onto the
>screen, etc.  Actually, my question even goes deeper than C sources.
>What memory locations do I need to poke to (for instance) make a certain
>pixel light up?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the recently posted (last week or two ago) animate.arc.  It has
a simple turbo c program that does graphics on a CGA or Herclues adapter.  Pity
EGA wasn't included also.

--Tom

--
     Tom Hoff (...!hplabs!hp-sdd!hoff)
	"Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer not a spokesman!"