[comp.sys.ibm.pc] How to binary Kermit in Procomm

gleicher@duke.cs.duke.edu (Michael Gleicher) (09/08/87)

Can anyone tell me how to specify to Procomm that I want to do binary
image file transfer?

Thanks,

	Mike

Michael Lee Gleicher			(-: If it looks like I'm wandering
	Duke University			(-:    around like I'm lost . . .
E-Mail: gleicher@cs.duke.edu)(or uucp	(-:
Or P.O.B. 5899 D.S., Durham, NC 27706	(-:   It's because I am!

lanier@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu (09/08/87)

If you're using Kermit, type alt-s to get to the setup screen.  From there,
select 3 to get to Kermit options.  Option 8 sets the file type to either
binary or text.

Hope this helps.

Chris Lanier
lanier@p.cs.uiuc.edu

jgray@toad.pilchuck.Data-IO.COM (Jerry Late Nite Gray) (09/11/87)

In article <75800051@uiucdcsp>, lanier@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> If you're using Kermit, type alt-s to get to the setup screen.  From there,
> select 3 to get to Kermit options.  Option 8 sets the file type to either
> binary or text.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Chris Lanier
> lanier@p.cs.uiuc.edu

Just thought I'd add that the above is correct and was the first thing I
tried some months ago when I first failed to get binary kermit transfers
to work. It turned out that simply using "kermit -r " for uploads and
"kermit -s filename" for downloads from our Unix system was inadaquate and
the "-i" option was required to force the Unix kermit to deal with the file
"as is". Without the option I believe it was doing line-feed and carriage
return substitutions as god knows what else

					Jerrold L. Gray

UUCP:{ihnp4|caip|tektronix|ucbvax}!uw-beaver!tikal!pilchuck!jgray

USNAIL:	10525 Willows Road N.E. /C-46
	Redmond, Wa.  98052
	(206) 881 - 6444 x470

					Jerrold L. Gray

UUCP:{ihnp4|caip|tektronix|ucbvax}!uw-beaver!tikal!pilchuck!jgray

USNAIL:	10525 Willows Road N.E. /C-46
	Redmond, Wa.  98052
	(206) 881 - 6444 x470

Telex:  15-2167