[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for copy of LIM EMS 4.0 specification

dick@plx.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (09/14/87)

In all of the writups I have seen published regarding the new LIM (Lotus/
Intel/Microsoft) EMS Version 4.0 specifications, none of them have stated
where a copy of the specification might be obtained.

If someone could point me to a copy of it, I would appreciate it.  And, if
it isn't of rediculous size, I would consider transcribing and posting it
to the net if there were sufficient interest.

--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD                          I'll take a drug test when
UUCP:  ...!ucbvax!sun!plx!dick                Reagan takes an IQ test.

emv@pepe.cc.umich.edu (Ed Vielmetti) (09/16/87)

In article <755@plx.UUCP> dick@plx.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:
% In all of the writups I have seen published regarding the new LIM (Lotus/
% Intel/Microsoft) EMS Version 4.0 specifications, none of them have stated
% where a copy of the specification might be obtained.
%
The addressess on the 3.2 EMS spec I have in front of me are:
    Lotus Dev't Corp, 55 Cambridge Ave, Cambridge MA 02142
    Intel Corp, 3065 Bowers AVe, Santa Clara CA 95051
    Microsoft Crop, 10700 Northup Way, Bellevue, WA 98009

And the little card on the back that I didn't send in for updates is
    Lotus Dev't Corp, Box 4036, Cambridge MA  02142

It didn't cost me any to get the spec.

Edward Vielmetti, U-Michigan Workstation Group, Ann Arbor MI  48109
emv@umix.cc.umich.edu ; {uunet,rutgers}!umix!emv ; (313) 747-3744

mjg@ecsvax.UUCP (Michael Gingell) (09/17/87)

In article <755@plx.UUCP>, dick@plx.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:
> In all of the writups I have seen published regarding the new LIM (Lotus/
> Intel/Microsoft) EMS Version 4.0 specifications, none of them have stated
> where a copy of the specification might be obtained.

Intel has a toll free number 1-800-538-3373, just call it and get
through to technical support. They will send you a copy FREE. I just
called them and found they have installed a neat answering system
which will answer most of your questions just by stepping through
a menu with your touch tone phone.  Have a pencil a paper handy to
record the codes for subjects you may be interested in.

Mike Gingell   ...decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!mjg