[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Help with uupc

ken@marge.UUCP (Ken Tobias) (08/27/87)

Has anyone attempted to get uupc running under Turbo C?  I've compiled it
with little trouble but uupc wont receive files from the host.  It will
send just fine, but wont receive.  uupc shows hundreds of:

   ***got EMPTY 's

and the host shows:

   BAD READ (expected 'S' got FAIL)

It appears that uupc is not sending the required info.  Unfortunately I'm
not privy to the mysterious world of uupc protocol so I don't exactly know
how to get this 'S' out.  The host is an ATT UNIX PC running v3.5 which has
never had any problems in communicating with several other machines.

Thanks,

--
Ken Tobias                                     "Damn Turtles!!..."
marge!ken@nrcvax            -or-             ken@dhw68k.CTS.COM

nomad@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU.UUCP (09/13/87)

  Could someone point out where I can FTP the BINARIES of UUPC? I missed
the dist. on the net... If they aren't available via FTP would the
people who have it (and can mail) let me know. I only need one copy,
so please don't send it to me... yet.

 Thanks.
 nomad@cs.orst.edu
-------------------------
LEE DAMON		FidoNet: 152/201 (The Castle) - (503) 757-8841
nomad@cs.orst.edu	Internet:  nomad@cs.orst.edu
			UUCP :  {hp-pcd,tektronix}!orstcs!nomad

     "Say what you like, the bicycle has a great past ahead of it!"

sl@van-bc.UUCP (09/17/87)

In article <216700023@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> nomad@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU writes:

>  Could someone point out where I can FTP the BINARIES of UUPC? I missed
>the dist. on the net... If they aren't available via FTP would the
>people who have it (and can mail) let me know. I only need one copy,
>so please don't send it to me... yet.

I will be sending the uupc shar files up to UUNET sometime in the next week
or so. Watch this space for more information once I find out how to access
from there.

You can also use anonymous uucp login here.

	Phone:
		604-939-4782
		604-939-4756

	Modem:
		1200 or 2400

	Login:
		nuucp

	Password:
		nuucp

The files are in uucppublic/uupc. They are in compressed format. You can get an
index with:

	uucp van-bc!/usr/spool/uucppublic/uupc/index .

Good luck.
--
{ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!Stuart.Lynne Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532