[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Tandy 1000

terryt@auvax.UUCP (Terry Tanski) (09/15/87)

I posted the inquiry about the Tandy 1000TX because I wanted to find out some
information about the machine not argue about how compatible it is with
an IBM PC.

I own a Tandy 1000A and had real problems at first. Then I added the piece
of **essential** hardware that Tandy left out -- the DMA chip. After I added
this chip and some more memory, I have not found a program yet that does
not run on it. I have 640K, a hard disk card and a 2400 baud modem in it
and I find I have no problems with reboots or the like because of the
supposed weeeak power supply.

Anyways, I didn't want to hear about how BAD my machine was, only what is
the SCOOP on the new 1000TX with the 80286 processer.

I still would like to hear about any comments anyone has on the 1000TX!

Terry Tanski, B.CompSc

joeld@ecsvax.UUCP (Joel Dunn) (09/18/87)

In article <323@auvax.UUCP>, terryt@auvax.UUCP (Terry Tanski) writes:
> I posted the inquiry about the Tandy 1000TX because I wanted to find out some
  .
  .
> Anyways, I didn't want to hear about how BAD my machine was, only what is
> the SCOOP on the new 1000TX with the 80286 processer.
>
> I still would like to hear about any comments anyone has on the 1000TX!

At our local campus computer show, I asked a Tandy rep about the 1000TX.
I had seen one briefly a few days before, so I had a couple of questions.
As far as I am concerned, the biggest problem is the fact the TX uses
a short card cage, and thus can accept only half cards or Tandy cards.
I had hoped that they learned their lesson with the early 1000xx
and wouldn't do that again.

Hope springs eternal, but that's the way Tandy likes to do things.

Joel Dunn, UNC-CH ADP, 440 W. Franklin, Chapel Hill NC 27514
{backbone}!mcnc!ecsvax!joeld      Bitnet: RJD@UNC