[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Codeview

jagardner@orchid.UUCP (09/19/87)

In article <287@idacrd.UUCP> mac@idacrd.UUCP (Bob McGwier) writes:

>Either you have never used CODEVIEW or you have never written a big
>piece of code.  IT IS <<THE>> reason I use MicroSoft C 4.0 and will use
>5.0

I've tried to use Codeview (MSC 4.0), but my program wouldn't fit into
640K. It wasn't even a large program (~150K without Codeview junk).
It would be nice if it would fit into memory, and if it didn't mangle
the EGA settings (in the windowing mode) on my clone. So far it's the
only program that's let me know I am working on a clone -- debugging
with your characters coming out black on black is tough. I do use
the non-windowing mode occasionaly on small programs, but usually
head-scratching works faster.

David Tanguay