[comp.sys.ibm.pc] CodeView and Turbo C

richardh@killer.UUCP (09/24/87)

In article <1909@ttrdc.UUCP>, kad@ttrdc.UUCP (Keith Drescher) writes:

> In article <1569@killer.UUCP> I write:
> >
> >And I'm looking forward to CODEVIEW as soon as I get it in my MASM 5.0 upgrade.
> >Then I'll use it with Turbo C.
>
> How?

Since I use TCC exclusively, I just added the -c and -y options to TURBOC.CFG
and then use Link, version 3.6, with the /co option. I still don't have
symbolic access to non-external variables, but, as they say in Minnesota,
"Whatever." I do have access to multi-module line numbering information and
and all externally visible objects (functions and variables).

Actually, it's not that automatic. I watched in horror as my 12k executable
grew to 18k+ when compiled and linked as per above. I tailor my compiler/
linker invocations to meet the current situation (as is recommended in the
CodeView docs, as well as by common sense.)

> program.   Maybe QuickC will be the answer to my needs.

Or maybe not. I quit searching for the holy grail a long time ago. Hence the
mixed strategy outlined above.

> --
> Keith Drescher (kad@ttrdc)          	   | ... You can check out any

richard hargrove