[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Periscope III Compatibility

pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) (09/26/87)

In article <2153@ihuxy.ATT.COM> vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (gopal) writes:
>In article <299@octopus.UUCP>, pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) writes:
>> The 6300/6300+ do not have completely compatible BUSES. Thus, ...
>> ...my Periscope III debugger board will not work.
>How many clones does this debugger work on ?

According to the documentation, it works on basically all clones that use
the IBM bus signal layout. The noted exceptions are 6300/6300+, and two flavors
of Compaq Deskpro: the 8086 and the 80386 ('286 presumably ok).

It seems to work fine on an ATronics-board based AT, and on my old Televideo
AT (which is what I use it on most of the time).

>Venu P. Gopal
>ihnp4!ihuxy!vg55611

Pete Holzmann
--
  OOO   __| ___      Peter Holzmann, Octopus Enterprises
 OOOOOOO___/ _______ USPS: 19611 La Mar Court, Cupertino, CA 95014