[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for a graphics package for PS/2

moose@trwspf.TRW.COM (Jim Brandt) (09/18/87)

I am looking for a graphics package for an IBM PS/2 Model 50 with
the 8514 Display and 8514/A display adapter.  The graphics package
should include the following features:
		1. bindings for MS-C 4.0
		2. basic functions such as lines, arcs, polygons,
		   graphics text, etc.
		3. a device driver for the 8514.

I am aware of IBM's Graphics Development Toolkit, but would like to know
of others in order to make an informed decision.  Any help on this would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Jim Brandt		-	[TRW -- Data Systems Laboratory]

UUCP:	{decvax,ucbvax}!trwrb!trwspf!moose
ARPA:	trwspf!moose@brand.usc.edu		or
	moose%trwspf@brand.usc.edu
SPF:	moose

joels@tekred.TEK.COM (Joel Swank) (09/27/87)

In article <421@trwspf.TRW.COM>, moose@trwspf.TRW.COM (Jim Brandt) writes:
> I am looking for a graphics package for an IBM PS/2 Model 50 with
> the 8514 Display and 8514/A display adapter.  The graphics package
> should include the following features:
> 		1. bindings for MS-C 4.0
> 		2. basic functions such as lines, arcs, polygons,
> 		   graphics text, etc.
> 		3. a device driver for the 8514.

Have you heard of MetaWindows from MetaGraphics?  It is a subset
of Mac's Quick Draw (so I undferstand...never used Mac).  Has support for
points, lines, rectangles, polys, ports, local/global/virtual bitmaps,
boo-coo display adapters (for PC/AT/PS2, etc.), mouse support, much more.
Beats the sox off Halo and the others for fast EGA bit-blitting and
drawing (if there copuld be such a concept as "fast EGA" - what a crappy
"standard" ... get a T.I. 34010 ... I'll get down now fer anyun shoots).
Don't know about the 8514 specific as I use an AT clone, but I've seen
lots of PS/2 modes in thier list of supported adapters (and they have a
new version even more powerful for the 34010 so I hear).  For more info,
contact:
		MetaGraphics
		269 Mount Hermon Road
		Scotts Valley, CA  95066
		1-800-332-1550 to order
		1-408-438-1550 for info

Note: I don't have any vested (or jacketed) interest.  I'm just a
satisfied customer.
					 Larry Hollibaugh
					 Crystal Specialties
					 (503) 684-0470