[comp.sys.ibm.pc] comp.binaries.ibm.pc

jmoore@pc.ecn.purdue.edu (James D Moore) (07/07/87)

For some reason here at Purdue University we are not receiving the
comp.binaries.ibm.pc news group. There are newsgrups for mac and
amiga binaries but not for the ibm-pc. I have seen several articles
that refer to this group. I have requested that we receive it but
the wheels turn slow at universities. Does anyone have an anonymous
ftp that I can take a look at what is there or any way i can get to
look at these files ? Also is it possible to be added to a mailing
list to receive these ? If so who do I contact about this. Please
reply directly to me if you like or post it to comp.sys.ibm.pc if
many are not receiving this group.

Thanks

Jim Moore
jmoore@gb.ecn.purdue.edu

jru@etn-rad.UUCP (John Unekis) (07/10/87)

In article <720@pc.ecn.purdue.edu> jmoore@pc.ecn.purdue.edu.UUCP (James D Moore) writes:

>For some reason here at Purdue University we are not receiving the
>comp.binaries.ibm.pc news group. There are newsgrups for mac and
>amiga binaries but not for the ibm-pc. I have seen several articles
>that refer to this group. I have requested that we receive it but
>the wheels turn slow at universities. Does anyone have an anonymous
>ftp that I can take a look at what is there or any way i can get to
>look at these files ? Also is it possible to be added to a mailing
>list to receive these ? If so who do I contact about this. Please
>reply directly to me if you like or post it to comp.sys.ibm.pc if
>many are not receiving this group.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jim Moore
>jmoore@gb.ecn.purdue.edu

    Please, could someone post this information to comp.sys.ibm.pc ?
    I just sent binaries for two large games to this group because
    I was unaware that there WAS a comp.binaries.ibm.pc.

    Thanks in advance.

     seismo!cbosgd!ihnp4!wlbr!etn-rad!jru

jojo@speedy.WISC.EDU (Jon Wesener) (10/07/87)

	I've gotten a lot of requests for the 2 player phone games and would
	like to post them to netland.  I would post them here, but since
	comp.binaries.ibm.pc was given a reprieve on it's death sentence I
	thought I would post them there.  How does one post to the binaries
	group.

	--j
jon wesener
jojo@speedy.wisc.edu