[comp.sys.ibm.pc] What scientific presentation-graphics pkgs. exist ?

mike@lll-lcc.aRpA (Mike Hummell) (10/08/87)

A coworker wants to know if there are any scientific-graphics
packages (similar to Harvard Presentation Graphics, but more
"scientific" -- i.e. with log. axes, scatter plots , etc.)
available on the market.

I know of several graphics libraries, but am unfamiliar with
packages as described above.  Anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance.

----------
arpa:    mike@lll-lcc.arpa                   "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
                                                             - Vegetius
uucp:    ............seismo!lll-lcc!mike
         ....ucbvax!lll-crg!lll-lcc!mike
         ...........rutgers!lll-lcc!mike

pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) (10/08/87)

In article <1213@lll-lcc.aRpA> mike@lll-lcc.aRpA (Mike Hummell) writes:
>A coworker wants to know if there are any scientific-graphics
>packages (similar to Harvard Presentation Graphics, but more
>"scientific" -- i.e. with log. axes, scatter plots , etc.)
>available on the market.

I haven't tried it, but I recieved a blurb on 'Spidre', available for $195
from PennWell books. 918/831-9421. Does linear, semilog, loglog, etc. Lots
of options, full control over annotation, interfaces to lotus or any columnar
data file. "Spidre is a technical plotting program created specifically for
persons whose requirements cannot be satisfied through general purpose graphics
programs." Has lots of enthusiastic user 'quotes' in the ad.

A few other things it does: scatter plots, curve smoothing, multiple symbols,
up to four axes and ten data streams on a single plot, etc etc....

If anybody has or gets a copy, please review it for us!
--
  OOO   __| ___      Peter Holzmann, Octopus Enterprises
 OOOOOOO___/ _______ USPS: 19611 La Mar Court, Cupertino, CA 95014