[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Cache programs

ching@amd.AMD.COM (Mike Ching) (10/08/87)

I have noticed that Compaq has a cache program that will use
extended or expanded memory. Is there a PD, shareware or other form
of cache for the clone world? My preference is for caches over ram
disk. Thanks for any info.

mike ching

cs313s02@uhccux.UUCP (Cs313s02) (10/09/87)

In article <4536@amd.AMD.COM> ching@amd.UUCP (Mike Ching) writes:
>I have noticed that Compaq has a cache program that will use
>extended or expanded memory. Is there a PD, shareware or other form
>of cache for the clone world? My preference is for caches over ram
>disk. Thanks for any info.
>
>mike ching

     Included with Mace Utilities is a set of programs that will cache a hard
disk in either conventional, extended, or expended memory (actually, that's
three seperate programs).  It seems that the programs are made by a company
called "Golden Bow Systems" that advertises in the back of PC Magazine quite
frequently...
     There are also several other cache programs available.  One that I'm
sort of aware of is called Lightening.  But both Lightening and Mace are
commercial.