[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Reply to Grant Prellwitz request for information on Quantus AT Compatible

schmeichel@rws.dec.com (Bob, ML5-5/U52 pole 5c dtn 223-6245) (10/15/87)

Jerry H. Chan writes as follows:

>In article <11833@decwrl.DEC.COM> schmeichel@rws.dec.com (Bob, ML5-5/U52 pole 5c dtn 223-6245) writes:
>>It is four months later and I still haven't seen the refund.
>>Calls are answered and excuses made with a promise that it will be fixed
>>up and I will see the refund on the next statement.  Letters, even certified
>>with return receipt are ignored.
>>                           Bob Schmeichel

>Bob -- I don't mean to imply that you *hadn't* gotten in touch w/your card
>company.  I do want to mention it to you in case you hadn't; four months is
>about 120 days, so if you hadn't, better act soon.

Jerry,
	When I canceled the order, I had misgivings about Scientific Storage
Technology, so I did contact the credit card company in writing,  they are
still working on the matter.  They want a copy of the charge slip which SST
has not provided even though they have received certified return receipt
mail.  The credit card company will have to work without that piece of paper.

	I hope that other people read this discussion and are able to avoid
problems with Scientific Storage Technology of Hudson NH.  Their adds are
too good to be true, and they aren't as far I as I am able to determine.

	Thank you very much for the additional information and advice.

		Bob Schmeichel